SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an oil pan gasket blow last summer, dealer replaced it but did not clean the quart of oil out of the bottom...... anyone have any suggestions to getting the oil out of the bottom and cleaning it? I tried sucking it out with a pump, didnt work. I tried filling it with water and dawn dish soap to break it down so i could drain it out, got some but not all out. tried just flushing it out with water and that didnt work either. im running out of options and patience. Its hard to reach the bottom to scrub or anything.:(>:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had an oil pan gasket blow last summer, dealer replaced it but did not clean the quart of oil out of the bottom...... anyone have any suggestions to getting the oil out of the bottom and cleaning it? I tried sucking it out with a pump, didnt work. I tried filling it with water and dawn dish soap to break it down so i could drain it out, got some but not all out. tried just flushing it out with water and that didnt work either. im running out of options and patience. Its hard to reach the bottom to scrub or anything.:(>:D
you might try one of those commercial grade de-greaser but ensure you verify in a small area that it wont do any damages. if not try power wash with soap.0:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
You could try some of this ... it eats the oil.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Oil-Eater-Cleaner-Degreaser-32oz/dp/B000EALHH6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1461953091&sr=8-2&keywords=oil+eater+degreaser[/ame]

·
Registered
379 Posts
I didn't tell you this but

I had same on an old 2 stroke just add some washing power into the hull then fill the hull about quarter full with tap water then ride like a mad man and let the bilge suck it out presto clean.

Then add some clean water again to rinse it down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for ideas everyone! I just have oil dry pads laying in the bottom now, I believe I got most of it out yesterday! Checked my oil and I'm below the minimum, so either the SOB is still leaking, or they just never filled it up all the way.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.