SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2 up orange crush spark. While I had some service done (or I may have done it and didn't notice) it appears that some sort of gas, oil or something like that ran down the side of it. Since its on the black it has just slightly faded the spot and you can see where it ran down the side and across the sea doo sticker. Is there anything that can get this off and hopefully back to normal or at least close? It's not a big deal just doesn't look that good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have found these two products to work very well I use
Maxima SC1 Silicone Spray - 12oz. 78920
And
303 (30307) Aerospace Protectant I use 303 first and SC1 after SC1 makes it tricky look like brand new love that stuff both I bought from Amazon 303 is more for UV protection

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't guarantee anything but when ever had gas drips down the side of my ski SC1 works for me gets off all the harshness salt water leaves behind worth a shot if it doent work it will make everything else on the ski look new and prevent the abrasive nature of gas eating into the decals or discoloration of plastics

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have found these two products to work very well I use
Maxima SC1 Silicone Spray - 12oz. 78920
And
303 (30307) Aerospace Protectant I use 303 first and SC1 after SC1 makes it tricky look like brand new love that stuff both I bought from Amazon 303 is more for UV protection

Thanks for posting this. I already use 303 but I just ordered the Maxima SC1 Silicone Spray.
I read some reviews and people seem to love this stuff.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Seadoo sells a product called XPS All Purpose Cleaner....it works perfect for removing the gas stains from the black area...I keep a small spray-pump bottle with me in the trunk for when I accidentally spill any gas when refueling...wipes on - rinses off....I keep a big can at home to wipe down the entire Spark after a weekend of riding...keeps the Spark looking new.

Also when the Spark starts to fade after a summer of usage or when getting it ready after winter....you can use Turtle Wax Trim Restorer from Walmart $6.00 and wipe the entire Spark down with it...it will bring to life your colors again...so bright & pretty just like Brand New again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi new to this forum and recently just picked up a Spark 3UP. I have purchased the 303 aerospace protectant and it works well. Do you recommend to spray it on after every wash or before every trip to the water?

Also the Maxima SC1, do you guys just spray this on afterwards or do you spray and then buff with a cloth? Just spraying it on directly would collect a lot of dust wouldn't it? Do you spray the entire ski with it?

Do the two products not interfere with each other chemical wise?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a week old Trixx @up that is discolored by gas because the cap leaked after we filled it during the drive home.
The cap was on straight and tight & I didt "top off" with pump so I dont know exactly why it leaked.

I tried cleaning with a plastic safe all purpose cleaner and that didnt work, also picked up some MARINE 303 for $19 and that makes it look nice, but still discolored.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a week old Trixx @up that is discolored by gas because the cap leaked after we filled it during the drive home.
The cap was on straight and tight & I didt "top off" with pump so I dont know exactly why it leaked.

I tried cleaning with a plastic safe all purpose cleaner and that didnt work, also picked up some MARINE 303 for $19 and that makes it look nice, but still discolored.

Any other ideas?

Just pulled our ski out of storage and getting it ready for the new season this weekend and felt the urge to dust off this thread.
So far I've tried:
baby wipes
all purpose cleaner
ammonia free glass cleaner
Dawn Dish Soap
Marine 303
Gold Class Car wash

And NONE HAVE WORKED to remove the gas stain!

Also had to peel off a decal because the fuel discolored it and made the adhesive start leaching from the edges of it.
This "fuel spill" was minor and only sat on the ski for a few minutes before being washed off.

Going to try the Turtle Wax Plastic restorer because it made my kids weathered wrangler look great.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The plastic is not "stained" from the fuel . The fuel dissolved the oils near the surface of the plastic which dried it out and makes it look whiter. You can rub a little fresh ATF, synthetic engine oil or mineral oil onto the plastic and let it sit in the sun for a while to reabsorb the oils. Then use your protectant after wiping it off. Cleaners just basically clean the dried out plastic even more and make it worse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have a 2 up orange crush spark. While I had some service done (or I may have done it and didn't notice) it appears that some sort of gas, oil or something like that ran down the side of it. Since its on the black it has just slightly faded the spot and you can see where it ran down the side and across the sea doo sticker. Is there anything that can get this off and hopefully back to normal or at least close? It's not a big deal just doesn't look that good.
I used Vaseline over the area with the gas stain then left it over night and wiped it off. The gas stain is much less prominent now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.