SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last time we took the spark out a friend took it for a quick ride and was wearing red shorts.
Spark looked fine when we brought it in and popped the cover on it.

Yesterday we went to fill it up and found red stains on the back of the seat. It's quite obvious and looks crap.

Has anyone else had an issue with colour stains in the white seat?
Any suggestions on how to get them out?

·
Registered
274 Posts
So last time we took the spark out a friend took it for a quick ride and was wearing red shorts.
Spark looked fine when we brought it in and popped the cover on it.

Yesterday we went to fill it up and found red stains on the back of the seat. It's quite obvious and looks crap.

Has anyone else had an issue with colour stains in the white seat?
Any suggestions on how to get them out?
are they red stains? or pink? pink stains can be a sign of mold, if the foam is damp it can be hard to stop it and you won't be able to get it off. if it is from the shorts you could try a magic eraser on it, a marine vinyl cleaner may help also but it is pretty hard to get out once it is stained, I ended up putting a grey seat cover on my machine because I was tired of having to scrub the bugs off it every time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What year is your Spark? Mine (2014) stained from a swim-suit as wel,l and I was unable to clean it off via any means. They replaced the seat under warranty as a "known issue". The new one has not stained at all... so perhaps a change in the material?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only bought it a month ago.

Cheers I'll try cleaning it this week and if I have no luck I'll call the dealer and ask them to look at it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried to clean it yesterday, no luck.
will call the dealer today.
cheers for the info hopefully they replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok update for you all - took the Spark in this morning & the first thing the dealer said was 'ugh!!! that looks pretty ****!'

he took some pics & said 'yeah it's clearly discoloured, i'll fill in a warranty form and you'll hear from us in 2-3 days'.

fingers crossed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hopefully they can sort this issue out for you Tash. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Steve

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got a call from them today, they said BRP had gotten back to them & said the following:
'have they been using the cover to protect the ski?'
'get them to try leaving it in the sun for a bit'

those are BRP's words, not the dealer.

I replied yes I use the cover, and that we noticed the stains on the seat 2 weeks ago when we took it up the river, where the ski was in full sun on the water for a whole day.
I also said that on this forum a couple of people told me they had theirs replaced under warranty.
I will leave it in the sun anyway as soon as we get some (which is tricky with all the smoke from the bushfires) but they said they will pass that on and see what BRP say.

for those who had yours replaced under warranty, can you provide any more details?

·
Registered
274 Posts
got a call from them today, they said BRP had gotten back to them & said the following:
'have they been using the cover to protect the ski?'
'get them to try leaving it in the sun for a bit'

those are BRP's words, not the dealer.

I replied yes I use the cover, and that we noticed the stains on the seat 2 weeks ago when we took it up the river, where the ski was in full sun on the water for a whole day.
I also said that on this forum a couple of people told me they had theirs replaced under warranty.
I will leave it in the sun anyway as soon as we get some (which is tricky with all the smoke from the bushfires) but they said they will pass that on and see what BRP say.

for those who had yours replaced under warranty, can you provide any more details?
sometimes what happens when new units come out manufactures are pretty lenient with warranties at first because they are investigating if they have an issue with a product, once they have compiled enough data to satisfy themselves to know they don't have an issue is when they start to reject claims because they know it is caused by certain conditions that are not considered a manufactures defect, (I would suspect that is why some people had theirs covered by warranty, or the dealer just assumed and went ahead replacing it just to find out later they got the claim rejected and just never let the customer know), if they are saying that you should try to leave it in the sun that tells me they think you have an issue with mold, depending on how bad it is it may clear up but once it is there it is pretty hard to get rid of, putting a cover on the machine helps to prevent UV damage but if the machine has water in the footwells and with a cover on it and sits were it is warm that makes a good place to grow mold especially if you give it something to feed off of like a seat cover. the other thing I have seen is if your seat is water logged then it will mold from the inside out and the only way to stop that is to remove the seat cover and dry the foam out, but typically the seat is already stained, the best option in that case is to put a darker material on the seat.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
update for you:

Haven't heard anything so rang the dealer back today, they said they haven't heard from BRP which is why they haven't called me.

I asked them to call BRP and find out what's going on, they said they'll do that and let me know in the next day or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am very surprised the red is still not fading some ... Red does not like sun and should start to fade. Anyway its quite a story wish you the best.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well I haven't left it sitting out in the sun every day for the last 2 weeks - I spose I COULD but the point is I'd like to hear back from BRP about this.
otherwise by the time I hear back it might be fine lol.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update: BRP have agreed to replace the seat under warranty, new seat on order for me should get it next week.

I've been very pleased with the service I've received so far.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update: BRP have agreed to replace the seat under warranty, new seat on order for me should get it next week.

I've been very pleased with the service I've received so far.
Great news! Thanks for keeping us updated

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
UPDATE:
Dealer called to say I don't get the new seat till 24th January now.
Not a huge deal cause I can still use the seat it came with till the new one arrives

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update:

dealer rang me today, still another week away on the seat.
Meanwhile i"m looking at options to buy a cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just a quick note i have an upholstery company and see a lot of light leather and vinyl marked due dye bleeding off clothing , be careful with what colour clothing you wear as it could happen again

1 - 20 of 25 Posts