SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
A great tip that I never got is to familiarize yourself with how to diagnose and fix general pwc problems before purchasing.
I'm no rocket scientist trust me
But I wouldn't find it remotely hard to replace a wear ring or impeller or a driveshaft for that matter. Just get a good info source online for the repair and go at it. Anyone with basic tools should be able to avoid a 1000 dollar dealer day.
Im sorry about your sparks it leaves a sour taste! As far as the water.. I would re tourque all the bolts on it! I did it to mine and I needed to right after I got it from the dealer as they missed the torque specs!

·
Registered
6 Posts
One of my two sparks is still sitting in the water after 2 days and no water no where.......but checked with shop today......they are taking full responsibility for the leak on the other one

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
very true poedic, good tip on the re-torque ( check )

it seems with the sparks that either they get a bunch of water in the hull or not at all. so far so good with mine. not a drop comes out when i take the plug out.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Holy c r a p some guy on the SeaDoo Facebook page said his spark has been at the dealership for 49 days and they still can't figure out what's wrong with it but they found out that the throttle sensor is also broken. 4 hrs on it. I'm starting to think there were no actual field tests done on these things and the new owners are the field testers

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think people need to realize a couple things:

1. These were built to a price point. As a result, cost cutting did happen.
2. These are not built out of kryptonite...treat them as such.

I and my friends/family have ridden mine many, many hours and by exercising some common sense, not riding it like your on fire (jumping/flipping it) and teaching people to kill it early when coming into shore, etc, your Spark will reward you with trouble free use.

That being said, the handlebar issue is separate, no amount of due diligence will prevent that from happening.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So my spark had 1 minute on it when I purchased it on June 24th, 2014. Took it out and let it idle for a minute and a half. Jumped on it, slowly took off made it 30 seconds before the motor died and would not restart. Took it in and guess what "low compression" on a cylinder. So first off took the dealer 2 days to even look at it to see what was wrong and when they did finally have an answer they had no idea of when It can be fixed. The date is now July 19th and still no Spark. They told me that they would be replacing the whole motor which they said they shipped to my dealer on July 2nd. Funny thing is I wanted a date of when the motor would be in and how long it would take to drop it in. They could not get an answer from BRP. I made them call daily for a week and all of a sudden BRP just says they want to get me a new one instead.. I asked when that could happen and they replied they dont know but they are working on it. That was the middle of last week. So Monday my salesman calls and says they are working on finding one but dont have a date or any idea of when I will get it????? Funny same story different day. WTF I cant believe they must have first off lied to me about the replacement engine being shipped because the dealer ship still doesn't have it?? And number two if you have a problem with a BRP product apparently they don't give a **** when the problem gets taken care of. One of the funny parts of all of this is My wife is a Polaris Dealer (family owned). They all told me don't buy a watercraft because all they do is blow up... I didn't listen and 30 min after showing off my new toy I was back having her mechanic check out why the engine died and wouldn't restart. So far looks like most of these are fairly reliable but my point is BUYER BEWARE... BRP doesn't give a **** how long it takes to fix a problem. Even when they know its a Polaris Dealer that now has great ammo on what to tell people what we think about BRP. Polaris would have not let this happen ever. If a product was DOA they would have had a new unit to me in 1 week tops. If they were slow to take care of it. My wife's dad the (owner) would have raised **** daily until he had an answer for his customer. So yesterday I was sick of waiting for the dealer to do something so I called BRP. There customer service lady told me the head guy in her dept. was the one handling my issue. He was at lunch and would call me back as soon as he got back.. Never happened no call and once again no one that cares. Any way I am going to get my money back tomorrow from the dealership. BRP is a bullshit company in my opinion. ITS BEEN 1 Month next week.... Tell me what you think. Its my first BRP product is this how they handle all there issues??

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
86SN - " not riding it like your on fire " LMAO! I know, today I saw a guy and his friend get thrown off their ski like 3x. I really have no interest in ever getting thrown off my ski. Its amazing how often people do. :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
86SN - " not riding it like your on fire " LMAO! I know, today I saw a guy and his friend get thrown off their ski like 3x. I really have no interest in ever getting thrown off my ski. Its amazing how often people do. :)
Got thrown off today. Doing a 180 slide, spun further than expected, did a 270, and stopped suddenly. Was thrown. No biggie really. The water was warm. The ski stayed upright.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Hmmmm more engine problems...

I think its messed up warranty doesn't cover it. I'd be fighting that one..
Found this on Facebook -

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got thrown off today. Doing a 180 slide, spun further than expected, did a 270, and stopped suddenly. Was thrown. No biggie really. The water was warm. The ski stayed upright.

When i get thrown off my Spark, it's when i do slides too. The **** sponsons grip when in the slides then bam - absolute stop, and you're between holding onto the craft and taking it with you or you jump... Fun though.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I think I may have come off sounding prissy when I said " its amazing how often people get thrown off a ski " no offense. :) I have to remember you boys can be more wild with riding than us tamer newbies :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
When i get thrown off my Spark, it's when i do slides too. The **** sponsons grip when in the slides then bam - absolute stop, and you're between holding onto the craft and taking it with you or you jump... Fun though.
Yup, that is exactly where I was, hard stop during a slide, and was in the process of capsizing when I dove for it. Ski stayed upright. I went swimming.

I think I may have come off sounding prissy when I said " its amazing how often people get thrown off a ski " no offense. :) I have to remember you boys can be more wild with riding than us tamer newbies :)

I'm a newbie, and I'm very out of shape and middle aged. No excuse for you not to be riding harder.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
i'm a newbie, middle aged and out of shape too RunIt :) I'm just trying to make sure this cheap plastic water toy lasts :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I never get thrown off by myself . I only fall off when I have a passenger and we are doing 180s.. It's a ton of fun.. Allot like seeing how long you can stay on the bull

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
LoL. does your passenger get pissed when they get thrown off the bull? i was on the bull too long yesterday. owwww

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have two units bought new at same time. One (Grey) has been flawless but has a little less time on it - though catching up with White. White has impeller problems (see below). Both used in Puget Sound and sit in the water behind our house. After this season I will go through them and replace all the vulnerable parts with aftermarket. I am disappointed in White but the price was too good to pass up. Weighing 400 lbs makes them half the weight of other products which makes these really fun. 50mph is fast enough.

http://www.seadoospark.org/forum/290-sea-doo-spark-troubleshooting/5778-impeller-rocks.html

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Sparkwa - One of the reason I like them is because they are light. Don't let the service dept know it sits in the water behind your house. It could void the warranty since the manual says not to let it sit in water when not in use.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had this happen on a rental. I'm new to pwc and wasn't sure if I should have held on. I didn't want to roll the rental. (I assume it would have rolled? ).
I jumped. I also wasn't sure if it was the sponsons that caught or just the hull in general on a wave.

·
Registered
24 Posts
oil pan gasket

I had 9 hours on a brand new 3 up 90hp spark and it was making some noises and how no power, so I pulled it out of the water and pulled the drain plug while it was on my trailer and oil just poured out of it. the motor and haul was covered with oil. Took it to the dealer and 2 months later.... I had found out that the gasket for the oil pan blew. brand new machine should not be blowing gaskets with only 9 hours. and the issues with the dealership is whole different story. But got the ski back and was only able to get 2 short rides out of it before water temps dropped. better luck next year!

61 - 80 of 87 Posts