SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had 9 hours on a brand new 3 up 90hp spark and it was making some noises and how no power, so I pulled it out of the water and pulled the drain plug while it was on my trailer and oil just poured out of it. the motor and haul was covered with oil. Took it to the dealer and 2 months later.... I had found out that the gasket for the oil pan blew. brand new machine should not be blowing gaskets with only 9 hours. and the issues with the dealership is whole different story. But got the ski back and was only able to get 2 short rides out of it before water temps dropped. better luck next year!
You didn't happen to add any oil to it did you? Too much oil will easily blow gaskets/seals, I'm also not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure BRP ships them without oil, so maybe the dealer fu*ked up and put too much in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought for a year or two I was having an electrical issue. Had the battery checked twice. Come to find out the battery had a bump on the terminal causing 1/32 gap and when I was josteling big waves 2-4 ft airs it would often cut off. Thought it was a short in the system for the longest time. Will now sand down all terminals flush and add battery gel coat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased a 2021 trixx 3 up and trailer after horrible sales experiences for 6 weeks. Got it to the lake shoved off and started. Long loud beep and IBR flashing. No trim, no reverse, no neutral, no performance modes. No fun. Then engine cut out in the middle of lake. Luckily it is very light and just winched it back on the trailer. Ended up going home. Supposed to take it on a week vacay on the lake this weekend. Really bummed to be staying home and with this new purchase experience already.

Dealer said they didn't know what the issue could be and told me to call Seadoo. Seadoo said to take it to the dealer. Dealer says it will be a week and a half until they get to it. Not feeling confident about dealer capabilities or that of the machine.

I'm hoping that double the cost of a spark doesn't leave me with continuous warranty work that won't be covered after a year. Not to mention the likely tooling marks on the bolts if they have to open it up.

I started recording videos(not posting, yet anyway) of it in case it gets bad since there are others having same issues. I'm hoping for better.

On another note, every panel and even seat leave my hands bleeding after removing or securing. Sharp edges, corners and small openings. Wear gloves.

Last note, seadoo number decals seem to stick well to hull but they are not cut evenly or all the way through so it was a bit of time with scissors and frisket to get it applied evenly.

Registration tag is already coming off after 1 hour on the lake. I used 91% isopropyl to prep but it doesn't seem to work. May have to order replacement tags and try bonding another way.

Almost forgot, I had a 9 year old on the 2nd seat and was sitting in the water trying to figure out what was going on with the trim. The rear actually submerged enough to spill into the foot wells. It sits kinda low and with one passenger I almost thought it was sinking for a second. It wasn't, plug was in.

I took off, trim stuck in slightly up position due to above issues, it was fine but unstable until higher speed. I'm thinking three people or two adults will be something not to do often.

Footwells don't drain or even blow out on the highway so I had to use a cup to scoop the water out. Next time, I will get it vertical to dump it out prior to loading. If the trim works.

If it gets fixed I will likely use it for solo fun or let the small kids ride it and buy a couple of larger ones for everyone else.

Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update:
After several attempts to contact Seadoo and not hearing anything from them or the dealer, I finally got a response from both.

Dealer said engine blowing fuses, bucket not returning to proper position, IBR errors and other things. They are ordering an IBR controller and contacting Seadoo for warranty approval.

Seadoo finally called back after I attempted to reach them by phone again. They said dealer has not contacted them and they would contact dealer(Ridenow Powersports). I asked for update after they contacted each other. As of now, no other response.

Looks like will be going on three weeks since purchased. New purchase doesn't return any consideration, prioritization or even need to keep the process moving efficiently. Will update if I hear anything more.

In the meantime, I'm looking for the other skis.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update:😓

Seadoo responded by closing the case and marking it resolved. I did not receive any details of their communication with Ridenow Powersports or any more information on what is happening to actually resolve my case.

In follow-up to our last communication, we would like to inform you that your request xxx has been addressed and resolved.

It was a pleasure for us to assist you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update:

TLDR- New Seadoo IBR Replaced/Repaired and doesn't work still.

Sent a frustrated message to Ridenow after no communication or indication of action taken. They said they finally looked at it and are ordering the part from seadoo, around a week and half later.

I called Seadoo the next day to complain about the unanswered emails and to try to expedite the part delivery. They said Ridenow never contacted them. They would contact and let ne know what is happening. They did not let me know but closed case.

RideNow said the part came in and would be ready soon. No definite time. They called back the next day and said to let them know when I was coming to get it and they would pull it out as the repair was done. I said open of business tomorrow.

Called the morning of to confirm I was on way. Service department answered and hung up. Called back and it put me in an automated menu that asked if I wanted to leave a message or wait for a person. I selected the option to wait and it brought me right back to the same options. Obviously pointless. Left a message about the telephone responses and need to confirm.

Called sales and person asked to hold. The issue getting a hold of someone was described to them, they said okay I will get someone but just put me back through messaging service again. Called sales back, got back to my original sales person who notified the service department of pickup. Got there, not ready to pickup despite previous nights confirmation and attempts that day to reconfirm. Safety chain on my new trailer purchased with ski was missing end link too. It wasn't that hard to pull it out of back of storage luckily. They said they would pull another link of another person's used trailer to replace the new one that went missing in their care. I was burned out from the experience thus far and agreed.Technician started it and all appeared to work.

Got to lake unloaded it and rode for 15 minutes and the beep happened again. Went from idle in the middle of the lake to slight throttle. Started beeping. I NOW have full range trim indication on display but only intermittent ACTUAL trim. Ibr errors out on random inputs depending on order of inputs. All inputs freeze the display message on incorrect function, various number of beeping and ibr symbol flashes.

A few times it left me with throttle but no movement. Other times would show reverse and go forward. Brake and reverse failed last seconds of one approach, I narrowly avoided collision by jumping off and swimming it backwards. Lucky it is light and I'm careful and slow on approaches. My family and kids are looking at me bummed since it has been constantly inop when we are supposed to be riding it.

I am so frustrated, don't feel safe on it anymore and can't stand the complete lack of communication from Seadoo and Ridenow without me babysitting and prodding for pretty sensible action, deliver the functioning vehicle I paid for weeks ago.

Part should have been ordered the day it was brought in as it is a new sale not a maintenance visit. Instead it was put in queue behind other standard maintenance visits for over a week before even looking at it and the transaction paid for was delayed further.

My new vehicle is complete junk. They have my money, I have a malfunctioning hunk of plastic. I don't feel Seadoo or Ridenow cares in the least. The ski is worthless and I bought a trailer for it that is now seeming pointless too. There is so much stress and the follow up is feeling like a full time job. Everytime I hear the name Seadoo or Ridenow I get knots in my stomach. I really can't believe I purchased this problem.

I regret not just sticking with a Yamaha at this point. I am losing the summer, my scheduled vacations, the warranty period(its only a year) and looks to be a continuing issue. I bought so much equipment for this ski and it looks like more waste if this doesn't get fixed.

These updates are long. I will start posting videos of this continuing mess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update:
Haven't edited videos to post yet but soon.

RideNow called last week and said ibr is fine but something else internally is failing. Nothing from them since then service manager left a message once and I was not successful in reaching him after. No other managers have responded.

Strangely, this feels similar to a scam Compusa used to run with their laptops prior to their closing to get out of warranty and replacement obligations but turn a profit on repairs.

Seadoo has been unresponsive for over a week.

I've lost my scheduled summer plans as scheduled time off is over and I'm headed back to work obligations.

At this point it has cost me time and money that has made the purchase an expense and PITA well beyond that of which I paid in full.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts