SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
On another note, a friend of a friend mechanic said he thinks welding the crank to the driveshaft would solve the issue and last until the motor itself fails. Thoughts??

·
Registered
4 Posts
On another note, a friend of a friend mechanic said he thinks welding the crank to the driveshaft would solve the issue and last until the motor itself fails. Thoughts??
First you need to center the engine. If you are going to weld the shaft, then in the subsequent repair you will have to change not only the crankshaft but also the jet shaft. Take a shank of a new sample, cut the old crankshaft, make a thread and screw a new shank. If you have companies that are engaged in turning, they will do it cheaper than buying a new crankshaft.

·
Registered
1 Posts
guys, good night.

i'm from brazil and i managed to carry out a low cost and long lasting repair.

the first step was to sand the part that was oxidized to remove all the existing rust. After removed and sanded well, I measured the piece with a caliper.

the original piece is 32 millimeters in diameter.

after removing all the rust my piece was 31.40 mm.

it is also necessary to remove the dark part of the part that is not oxidized, so that it is uniform and the repair is reliable.

I went to a turner that made a stainless steel cover for the shaft with the measures of 31.40x34.85x44mm.

with the cape in hand, I expanded it with the torch and fitted it to the shaft. an iron adhesive was also used between the part and the cover to improve the fixation.

after the repair was completed, it was necessary to exchange the retainers for larger internal measures. in my case the measurement jumped from the original axis from 32mm to 35mm.

I am attaching the photo of the completed repair.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts