SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get my drain plug screwed in tight in a manner that it "looks" straight. I am thinking I might have jacked up the plastic threads and it's permanently messed up. After 1.5 days on the water about a half cup (at most) of water drained out. My other spark only drained a couple tablespoons after the same amount of time.

Is this an easy fix? These are my first PWCs but I intend to do all maintenance and repairs myself if at all possible.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm sure you can find a replacement drain plug female receiver and the plug for a good price. You might have to remove the pump to replace the female drain plug receiver. Find the numbers online for the parts and ask your dealer for the price. Do not make him install it.

I only have half water bottle cap after heavy riding.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I'm sure you can find a replacement drain plug female receiver and the plug for a good price. You might have to remove the pump to replace the female drain plug receiver. Find the numbers online for the parts and ask your dealer for the price. Do not make him install it.

I only have half water bottle cap after heavy riding.

Might be some sources online that will have it for a good price, maybe a vendor on Amazon/eBay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I ordered the female and male parts from the dealer today for $25.01, not sure how it could get much cheaper than that. I think the female end is just clamped into the hose so it should be a pretty easy fix.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think you have to remove 2 bolt to secure it. Last time I checked because of my iBR I think if I want to change it I need to remove the pump.

·
Registered
306 Posts
You need to know how to remove the pump anyway to change your wear ring later. Look online and do it without the pump. It will be way easier.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This one doesn't have the ibr, so hopefully I don't have to remove anything (it's 2 hours away right now so I can't go out and see it).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to know how to remove the pump anyway to change your wear ring later. Look online and do it without the pump. It will be way easier.

The Ozarks is dirty dirty right now. I've already had to take the pump off twice to remove debris from the impeller. Luckily there was no wear ring damage and everything went back together with no lasting effects.

I made a little kit with all the tools needed to take it apart real quick, I'm trying to decide if I want to fashion some kind of box to keep in on the ski in case something happens when I'm a few miles from home. Maybe I could limp to someone's dock with a lift and repair it there...good or bad idea?

Does anyone do that?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Is your insurance cover for towing? Mine yes. I'll use it instead of doing repair on the water :) up to 5000$ / year. 0 deductible for emergency assistance and doesn't count as a claim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm new to the lake so I wouldn't even know who to call. Both times I was able to limp home, and the 2nd time I was 8 miles away. Towing could have been a better option, but it was also getting to be later in the morning and the main channel of the Ozarks on a disabled ski is not where I want to be once the big boats come out...so it was basically get home as fast as you can and **** any damage it might do. Luckily nothing got more damaged.

·
Registered
306 Posts
At the end. You need to feel safe. Tools are a good option in your case. Make sure to store coast guard and towing number on your cell.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I limp home 1 time. I was only 30 sec away on my way back haha. Weeds stuck in the grate. Took 2 min to do the last 30 sec. Just before I dock the ski everything got shredded. 0 dommage

1 - 14 of 14 Posts