SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just for sh*t's and giggles my friend and I tried our keys on each others sparks, To my surprise his spark fired right up and I could run it at full throttle!
I know with ski-doo's, If you don't have the right D.E.S.S key the sled will run, But it will be limited to about 3000 RPM (So it won't engage the clutch)

I know the dealer has the ability to disable the Security through the B.U.D.S. Software, Maybe they forgot to turn it back on after setting up our spark's?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sparks don't come with it. It can be added in 2015. Frankly I like not having it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this the difference from the all black key from the Black and White key? I would assume that is the difference between the $35 key and the $315 key. It pains me to know that the NFC/RF key they use for dess probably costs about $1-2.

I'll say key once more... Key.

·
Registered
16 Posts
D.E.S.S. Keys look like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch, mine is solid black, no white at all... Looks like the dealer sold me a line of sh!t :crying: I did get a really good price, but really wanted the D.E.S.S. :mad:
Any recommendations on how to disable the Spark? and what is the spark reading that actually tells it to turn on when it doesn't have D.E.S.S.?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just a magnetic connector.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
So easy to steal! :|

Do you have D.E.S.S on your sell paper?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Nope :crying: but then again not every option sold is listed on my sale paper...
My stupid mistake for taking their word and not researching.
I did pay $500 less then MSRP on the model I got so I can at least take comfort in that.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ouch, mine is solid black, no white at all... Looks like the dealer sold me a line of sh!t :crying: I did get a really good price, but really wanted the D.E.S.S. :mad:
Any recommendations on how to disable the Spark? and what is the spark reading that actually tells it to turn on when it doesn't have D.E.S.S.?
There's a magnet in the end of the lanyard that operates a switch inside of the receptacle on your Spark. That's it, any ol' key would start it without D.E.S.S.

You can probably have D.E.S.S. added but I couldn't find a kit, just the key, on Sea Doo's website. That means you'll likely have to do something with the ECM to match it to the specific key.
http://store.sea-doo.com/product/891573/295100639/_/RF_D.E.S.S.TM_KEY

To disable your Spark you could disconnect the negative battery terminal or wire up a hidden kill switch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.