SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

Dealers Not Interested in Selling

10K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Justin Pieters 
#1 ·
I've been lurking around the forums the last few days as I have been deliberating buying a pair of Sparks. This seemed like the appropriate section.

I know the 2014 model year is winding down and units are harder to come by. That said, I have been calling every dealer within 100 miles of me (and a few further) that say they have one on hand. I tell them what I want and that I am ready to buy now. They always say "we are really busy right now can I call you back" but then they never call back.

Normally I wouldn't take it personally but I have now talked to 5 dealers in 3 days (1 of those days being Sunday when they were all closed) and I cannot get any of them to call me back. Is this normal?

The lack of apparent interest in selling me a ski combined with the 1 guy who gave me an OTD price that was thousands above MSRP (he quoted me $2200 for a trailer) has really made me skeptical. If I can't even get them to take my money what will service/warranty interactions be like?

Has anyone else had similar issues? Anyone have info on the 2015 models as far as pricing, changes, etc? I'm thinking that I will wait until next spring.

On a side note if BRP rolls out a green Spark next year and uses my screen name for it they can spot me a pair as thanks.

See less See more
#9 ·
I hit Bert's Mega Mall in West Covina, CA. Not sure where you are at. But I got both Ski's (a 2UP and 3UP) and the MOVE Trailer for at cost. I didn't even pay destination or setup fees. I refused.

4999 for 2up

7100 for 3up

I should have bought the trailer used. You should too
BTW, whats the cost for a single MOVE trailer? My dealer has some but, not priced,...I think they are leaf suspension(s) though, not torsion bar and unsure if permanaent sealed bearings (tho probably),... my Karavan seems a bit more sturdy, and I got it with the front wheel/stand too and a matching spare wheel /tire (new) for $900...decent priced though not the best possible..

wondering what the MOVEs list for and cost...??

#3 ·
I bought a new triton elite WC-II trailer new. Fully loaded with all the options, and upgraded to 13" wheels. $2600. I think it was worth it. I really like this trailer. Got this from a different dealer. My sea doo dealer only had galvanized trailers, and I really wanted aluminum and torsion suspension.

That said, I called around last fall and only one dealer took the time to talk to me about the sparks, and they got my business. They have been first rate the whole way since then.

#4 ·
I wonder if you're being caught int he crossfire of the the recall stop sale? Perhaps they don't want to tell you aboutt he stop sale for fear that you will walk from the Sprakler's so they peddle the lemme call you back shtick. In fact that could even be BRP protocol right now!

Keep in mind I have no clue what I'm talking about ;)

#8 ·
Thanks for the responses. This makes me feel much better. Timing is everything I guess.

The irony is that it actually worked out well for me that none of these dealers could sell me a Spark. Shoulder injury Sunday was confirmed to be a torn rotator cuff yesterday. Had I been able to buy one on Saturday or Monday like I wanted I wouldn't have been able to ride it anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.