SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st I'm brand new here. We bought a new '15 Spark this spring-60 hp,weather finally got nice to ride on the 4th of July.
A couple of things, first for us older people it's harder to get on than the Yamaha's we had in past. I myself ended up with blisters on my knees from the rough surface on back,my daughter after riding double with her husband had bruises around her ankles from body work .
It has a total of three hours on it and the SKI-DOO graphic on one side has cracked in half,it also has been alittle hard to start.
Is it fun to ride, and dry to ride,you got to do stupid very stupid to get wet on this ski.
Low end is great,punch it and it launches and gets to max speed very fast,it is easy to handle and control except when coming to beach, after cutting speed it likes to circle, and not always the same way,making getting to dock a challenge all the time.
Also refueling is a pain,the door for the glove box hangs over the filler hole making putting a funnel in kinda iffy.
Otherwords it is lite and fun to ride and get's great gas milage.hotdoo

·
Registered
274 Posts
congrats on your new ride and welcome to the site! are you using the boarding step or boarding without one? you could install the rear neoprene mat on the back of the boarding deck that should make it easier on your knees, not sure what your daughter was hitting her ankles on? my wife or daughter has never had any bruising, when my daughter rides with me she gets tossed around pretty good, she likes it when I try to throw her off and jump waves. Seadoo used to make water shoes with ankle pads maybe she could find something like that? your decals are covered by warranty for one year, just don't spill fuel on them or at least clean it up right away or the fuel will damage the decal and that won't be covered by warranty. I think with experience you will get better with docking, they are likely much lighter than what you are used to and that will make it harder to control when your wake catches up to you, try letting off the throttle more gradual, I am assuming you are filling the fuel tank from a jerry can if you are using a funnel? if I am using a fuel can I use one with a long hose like the pic attached, I just watch down the fuel filler to see how full the tank is and never spill a drop that way, when I fill up from a pump I don't have any issues with putting the nozzle in, shouldn't be hard to start...what fuel are you using? just regular fuel or high octane?

Good luck and enjoy!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts