SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting on my Move 2 trailer (arrives this week) and will pick up my 2 up at the same time...

Dealer has 1 Spark left for the year. It's a 3up HO with convenience (no IBR) and is asking $7900+tax+registration Canadian dollars....

I've already paid full-bore for the 2up and trailer....

I eventually will need the second ski...Not sure whether to wait til 2015 or make a low-ball offer now (meaning I would insist on 2 free pfd's, free covers, free reverse with install and they pay registration...

Puts my investment at $20,000! Serious coin especially on first year machines that are untested and I have never owned a pwc before.

Sleep doesn't come easy... :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
My investment is going to be about the same $20000 and no idea when my 3 up will be shipped

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Can't wait to try my 3 up this weekend after my boater course!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have always had a motto...if your gonna buy something get what you want and don't settle.
I hear you on that one! Especially when it comes to having fun with a toy like this. In my case if I can't get what I want right away, I just won't settle for less, got to get what you want!

·
Registered
916 Posts
in the US a 3up with convenience pkg is 6,500 meaning in canadian 7,085 so that's way too much in my opinion. im waiting to get a 2015. the 2 up (during a test drive event) felt very unstable and hard to maneuver to me so im def getting the 3 up which felt way better. also 2015s will prob have some of the 2014 kinks worked out. my dealer said to be honest the price will most likely go up next year but not a ton. if i had to make the decision myself, i would talk him down on the price for this year OR go with next year/better. in the US sparks are in such high demand i dont think we can talk down on the price. good luck

·
Registered
289 Posts
Patience is a virtue, that is what my mom always told me. I wouldn't make a decision to buy the 3up just because the 2up is delayed. Like @serpent710 said, "if your gonna buy something get what you want and don't settle."

Is it not possible to use you deposit to pay for the 3up instead of the 2up you had ordered at first?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Patience is a virtue, that is what my mom always told me. I wouldn't make a decision to buy the 3up just because the 2up is delayed. Like @serpent710 said, "if your gonna buy something get what you want and don't settle."

Is it not possible to use you deposit to pay for the 3up instead of the 2up you had ordered at first?

I guess I wasn't very clear in my post...not the first time :)

Already bought a 2-up and the move 2 trailer. I am waiting for the trailer to be delivered to the dealer so I can get it and the 2-up. The dilemma is do I also get the last ski that they have which is a 3-up but not exactly the one I want (No IBR and it's pink...lol). It's a ton of money and an unproven product...but I really want two ski's so the entire family can have fun at the same time...There's the conundrum! Made more difficult because it's the last spark in Southern Ontario...

·
Premium Member
768 Posts

. The dilemma is do I also get the last ski that they have which is a 3-up but not exactly the one I want (No IBR and it's pink...lol). It's a ton of money and an unproven product...

Same sentence applies :p If you don't want what hey have look at another place or hold off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealers here aren't taking anything off the skis and aren't doing any add ons for free either. supposedly they aren't getting more skis in so they will get full price for them considering how popular they are now

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

. The dilemma is do I also get the last ski that they have which is a 3-up but not exactly the one I want (No IBR and it's pink...lol). It's a ton of money and an unproven product...

Same sentence applies :p If you don't want what hey have look at another place or hold off.
I know you are right...I get the 2-up on Thursday so perhaps that will temper my enthusiasm. I've never purchased an $8000 toy before! :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
serpent id say no. im a girl, id love pink, but i think id have a hard time reselling it.

i bought one yesterday, here is my story:
As of 5/31/14 I am now a proud owner of a seadoo spark 3up loaded, yellow, or I guess they call it “ pineapple “ . I did not need it loaded but it was the very last one they had and all the other dealers in Miami are sold out until November when next year's model comes out. After test driving the 2up and 3 up at a Seadoo test drive event I knew right away I wanted the 3up. The 2up felt unstable, like I would tip over and very hard to maneuver. The 3up felt just right. Holy sticker shock at the final price with all the (for the most part unexpected charges added on) Including: Sales tax on the wave runner itself, 2% tax on my total for using a credit card, Assembly Fee, Handling Fee, Shipping Fee, Inspection Fee, Registration Fee, Registration Filing Surcharge. It basically added on about $1,000 more than expected. I walked out the door paying about $9,500 when I was expecting to walk out of their paying about $7,500. I was not too happy they charged charged $500 assembly when they said it was fully uploaded because it came assembled but they said something about having to further assemble it. Eck. I also had to pay $130 for the flush kit with install. I planned on doing it myself but they said the install is easy to do yourself if there is no IBR but if there is you have to take a lot apart. Doh! They said after 10 hrs of breaking it in there is a mandatory servicing to keep the warranty valid. $200 there and $150 to pick up and then drop it back off at themarina. (I don't have a car or trailer) I said just put it all together and I'll pay for it now so ya like $9.5k I should have taken a xanax before I went. I couldn't talk him down because there were 4 people waiting for me to not say " I'll take it " last night my dealer said 5 want it including you and who ever gets here first tomorrow gets it. I was first in line and as soon as I said I'll take it the others left. So he wasn't ****ting me about that. He said he was sorry he couldn't come down on the price at all due to the high demand. So I grit my teeth and handed him my credit card who was giving me the finger on it's way over. Delivery Tuesday to my marina spot which took forever to get. On a positively note. . They already spray fluid film in for you and at the 10 hr servicing they open the whole thing up and fluid film it all so that's good and I ordered fluid film for nothing . Oh well. I’m excited, I have 2 life jackets, my emergency paddle, registration sticker numbers bought, fluid film, salt away and cover for it all purchased or ordered and I’m excited. Luckily after the first mandatory servicing it mainly just needs an oil change after every 50 hours which I can do myself. So that’s my purchasing story. I’m posting it for potential spark buyers in other threads so if you see it more than once, sorry about that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts