SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sparks do not come with DESS. And, they’re delivering all new PWCs without DESS because of a world-wide chip shortage. So, BRP is allegedly providing their version of a DESS post lock to new customers, but, they’re not available to the rest of us. eBay has an aftermarket one, which I prefer. The $40 Tuffy Security Bolt Locker is robust, but, takes some work to modify for use on the Spark. You can also modify the $14 Rite-Hite or $19 Curt spare tire lock. However, these are made of soft pot metal and MAY still be overcome with the right magnet(by removing the rubber plug). Regardless, I would not recommend keeping any of these options attached to your DESS post, except for very brief periods, such as when docking/beaching your PWC for lunch. Obviously, they’re not in use while operating your machine, but, locks do not like dirt, dust, moisture, rust, corrosion, etc.. So, you could find yourself unable to reopen these locks, unless you keep them clean and lubed. I prefer the eBay DESS Post lock because it’s easier to cut the lock off and just replace the padlock. You’d have to drill-out the others’ locks and buy the entire new one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Disclaimer: I’ve not personally-tested any of these products(including BRP’s) with a large magnet. I don’t have one. So, I don’t know if these products require MuMetal(magnetic shielding film) to be laid over/around the post, before installing the lock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m shocked I spent all this money and have a universal key. If I knew that I would negotiated a secure key!!!! That is honestly was a fair expectation of a product! I have 2021, 3 uptrx spark. very disappointed to be told it’s almost $500 to add a proper key!!! 👎

1 - 3 of 3 Posts