SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have a 2020 Spark Trixx 2up and it has maybe 35 hours on it. Today while riding, I noticed that turning to the left is definitely taking more effort than it probably should.. maybe a pound or so of weight to pull on left handle before it will move. It doesn’t feel like it’s binding.. the friction is constant across the entire range, no hanging/catching in either direction. It turns to the right effortlessly.

I disconnected both ends of the cable and it’s definitely still present. I bought it new, and have only ever run it in fresh water. Not sure what might be going on. I did put some lithium grease on both ends, but I’m betting it’s a sealed line and it did nothing to improve it. Any thoughts on what might be happening? Is this just premature failure of the cable? Thank you all!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check the bucket to make sure it’s turning evenly with the turn of the bars. If not you need to adjust the cable by turning the plastic locknut on the shaft while the straight abs once bars and bucket are straight your steering is aligned. I can’t think of anything that would cause drag besides thrust from impeller or your steering colum really bound up. They do have bearings in them. Try greasing the handle bars too. Let me know how you make out. Does it feel drag turning on land??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response Jseaber22 ! I had worked on it on an evening I had a few beers, and going back to it a few days ago, I realized I had only disconnected the cable from the nozzle at the rear. After disconnecting it from the steering column, the friction was still there (and I could nearly slide the cable back and forth with my pinky finger, almost no resistance). I then sprayed some grease into the handlebar (see picture) just below the lip of where the arrow is pointing, and it freed up almost immediately. I then shot some more grease into a few spots as I worked the steering, and it's turning very easily now in both directions.

I guess my question now is.. If this 'fix' doesn't last, what is going on that is causing this issue? Obviously friction, but the bearings appear to be lower in the assembly/column than where I sprayed the grease, which leads me to believe there is friction going on in a vertical-sense, maybe between that wide plastic area and something below it. Thank you for the help!!

Product Font Auto part Machine Engineering

1 - 5 of 5 Posts