SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been doing side slides from a straight line for a couple years now and last week was the first time I tried on from a turn on purpose. I was doing circles and just made them bigger and bigger till the speed was getting up to somewhere around 30mph and maybe 100 foot radius just to see what would happen . With no input from me it went into one of the longest slides Ive ever done . I think its because I was already leaning into the turn. The hull was mostly out of the water and riding on just the left edge . You can hear the engine rev because of the OTAS kicking in but no water to pump. Im still worried on of these days im going to lean in to far going too fast and rip the splash skirt off from hydraulic pressure so i have not really pushed it to the point of being fully perpendicular to the water .
Tailstands are also coming along and how much fuel is in the tank makes a big difference on stabilty.
Sponson free for 2 years now .

If you guys have any tricks your doing let me know . Has anyone been able to reboard from the water by holding on to the bars? I saw a couple of vids on youtube where some have recovered from doing tight turns at slow speed and reboarded like a horse but none from a dead stop.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re-boarding from the side using some gas and holding on is really not that hard to learn. I have done it on many ski's including the spark 2 up. I learned it was trial over a few shin bruises.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the 3 up and I was trying to do some circles and all it did was want to throw me off the ski, never even thought about sliding.
I never even remotely felt like I was going to roll it. I almost modified the sponsons but after finding a HUGE amount of silicone in the holes for them I re-siliconed them and moved on.

On another note, what is strange is, my wife and I were in completely glassy water and we did a circle, hit our tiny waves head on and it dumped us... probably a fluke

·
Registered
516 Posts
They are a little unstable with two people on them. My wife and I originally only has one and we found it too unstable. It was always dumping us at slow speed so we bought a second one. You can get the 3-up's to slide. All you have to do is be doing a moderate speed maybe 10-20 mph, than all at the same time crank the bars, mash the throttle and swing you ass to the opposite side your turning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yesterday mine was doing the double turn 360 slide out, well learning it at least, let's just say she ended up kissing the BRP sticker on the front. She laughed and I laughed she didn't try it again.....

I love riding these dang things

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.