SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made a rookie mistake and forgot to put the drain plug in before using the ski yesterday. It of course got ripped off and now I need a new one. I figured it was worth asking though, is there an aftermarket option to replace it with that would be an upgrade in any way? I realize it's just a plug, but thought I'd at least ask before spending the money. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
I did the same thing... So I order 2 extras because I envision the same thing happening again. :) 12 dollars each

·
Registered
236 Posts
How much water did you get? I did this the last but I realized my mistake at the ramp. Did it to both. One Spark had zero water. The other drained for like 2 minutes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I realized it about an hour into my ride but I had been moving the entire time so no water in the hull. I immediately took it to a friends dock and raised it up on his lift. I tilted it back, nothing came out, popped off the engine cover, didn't see any water. Since this was a couple day trip, I thought my trip was done since I didn't have a spare. No seadoo dealer anywhere nearby. Funny trick though, one of my buddies had ear plugs(the rubbery kind you use to sleep with), I stuck one of those in the hole and started riding. Checked it every 15 minutes for about 2 hours on the lift and no water in the hull. Enjoyed the rest of my trip like nothing was wrong! I will now carry a few spare ear plugs in my gear bag.

·
Registered
916 Posts
good idea ssatz. I despise the cheap plastic threading of the drain plug inlet. Its such a royal pain to put the plug in ( even with the fork lift at the marina holding it up eye level in front of me ) I worried about the flush kit (for IBR) having the cheap plastic threading wear out so I put a hose adapter part in there that only sticks out a tiny bit so I can pop the quick release part on that attaches to a 3" hose to the salt away flush kit to the garden hose lol. I'm thinking about doing something similar for the drain plug now

·
Registered
71 Posts
The lake ate my drain plug last weekend, rode it for 2 hours without the plug in didn't seem to take on that much water. ordered a new one from the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts