SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
That is a pretty hilarious video. Not sure if it says more about how strong this guy is or how light weight the Spark is.

I can tell you for sure that I would not be able to bench the Spark.

·
Registered
430 Posts

I am sorry if this offends anyone. But this MEME MUST be on this page.

For those who don't get it just google it. But dam. 450lb bench.

I need to get back to the gym.

·
Registered
430 Posts
doubt thats natural. just posted for fun

but really this just shows the ligthweight factor of having a plastic hull./

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they saved alot of weight by bolting the hull together instead of all that caulking/glue..

·
Registered
430 Posts
I just hope it's a durable hull, not sure how to find out, only way will just be through experience i guess.
fiberglass isn't that durable either. they crack on impact
plastics have a bit more flex before they crack

so I guess thats a good thing? Though plastic is not as good at maintaining its integrity when it comes to changes in temperature.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fiberglass isn't that durable either. they crack on impact
plastics have a bit more flex before they crack

so I guess thats a good thing? Though plastic is not as good at maintaining its integrity when it comes to changes in temperature.
thats true, but we're talking about extremes. The Sparks hull won't see the necessary heat to warp the hull, at least not on the water. Same with cold, it would need well below freezing temps to induce the hull to crack.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
And there's no way someone will ever have their spark in a condition where it will crack from being in extreme cold.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Well if you store your spark in the garage in the winter i would imagine it would get pretty cold. and in the winter it might warm back up

I'm sure the plastic is good enough quality where that wont be a problem but I have seen cheap plastic get brittle and crack through winter and followed by heating back up in the summer. the cycle wears it down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts