SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Spark Forum,

Can anyone give a few pointers regarding E85 and the VTECH tune?

Do I need to change fuel injectors, fuel lines, etc?

Maintenance recommendations?

I don't have it yet just want to know what I'm getting myself into..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing you need to change is the fuel . empty your tank. Fill with e85 download file . flash spark . ride.
Sounds too simple considering all the negativity regarding fuel breakdown and eating away at sensitive components. I'm willing to give it a go anyways, wanted to know what to expect :D.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The only thing you should check is your E85 is up to spec. You will enjoy the mid range hit . top speed is not much DIFFRENT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know specifically about the E85 tune in the Spark, but I do own a supercharged V-Twin motocycle that runs E85 and it takes a PILE more fuel to run than gasoline. The fuel mileage is only 15mpg with only 6 pounds of boost. The stock fuel pump was unable to supply sufficient fuel to support 12 pounds of boost so I had to back it down to a meager 6 pounds.

So, I would be careful running E85 if you don't have enough fuel pump capacity to support the boost you plan to run. You could run lean and that would not be good.

Tony

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got my maptuner, I don't have access to E85 yet, other than the e85 tune which one should I pick? I've read good things about the beta 402 tune, but it says 9000 so is that the rev limiter? Is that safe on a stock engine? My mods include a r&d power intake and solas 12/17 impeller.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I was messing around with the Spark this morning and discovered how to enable Sport mode with the vtech tune. I started the engine, held the info button for a few seconds then pressed info again and it says Sport mode activated. Seems like the trottle is much much more responsive. Haven't tested in the water yet but am hoping to soon!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The sport mode is way quicker out of the hole than touring mode although top speed is the same. In sport mode you will literally launch out of the water if you just dab the throttle from a stand still.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The stage 1 tune is 8350 rev limit most of use this its awesome.
I've been trying the different tunes, currently on E85 8900 and it seems to be working great. Didn't notice much of a difference between E85 and the beta 402 tune. I'm having a blast on this thing, the VTECH difference was day and night compared to the 60HP stock lol. My ski topped out at 52mph (phone's GPS) w/ E85 @ 8000-8050 RPM.

How can I get the RPMs up without re-pitching my new Solas impeller?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I run the E85 102 Final tune. Crazy acceleration. 1/2 tank or less fuel is an issue for hooking up from a dig though. I get 3 to 4 hop's out of the water before it settles down and hooks up like crazy. My setup the last time I rode: 100% bone stock everything, just the tune. I have to pull out the ribbon and install the straight pipe yet.

RPM: 8020 to 8250 is typical with a 9450 rev limiter between waves. Someone told me I should not let it bounce off the limiter if I am jumping big waves with lots of air time. Back off the throttle when airborne. I do see it hitting the limiter from a dig as it hop's a few times until it hooks up. I just leave the throttle nailed at those times as it is just a short blip to the limiter, not like a few seconds like big air time would be. Vtech said this is a very safe tune. They have other's to try but I don't have an EGT on my ski to watch if it leans out :(

Mike

·
Registered
379 Posts
I run the E85 102 Final tune. Crazy acceleration. 1/2 tank or less fuel is an issue for hooking up from a dig though. I get 3 to 4 hop's out of the water before it settles down and hooks up like crazy. My setup the last time I rode: 100% bone stock everything, just the tune. I have to pull out the ribbon and install the straight pipe yet.

RPM: 8020 to 8250 is typical with a 9450 rev limiter between waves. Someone told me I should not let it bounce off the limiter if I am jumping big waves with lots of air time. Back off the throttle when airborne. I do see it hitting the limiter from a dig as it hop's a few times until it hooks up. I just leave the throttle nailed at those times as it is just a short blip to the limiter, not like a few seconds like big air time would be. Vtech said this is a very safe tune. They have other's to try but I don't have an EGT on my ski to watch if it leans out :(

Mike

That's great news I have just loaded the E85 102 final can't wait to try it did have the 8350 tune before with was great as well.

IMO I do let the throttle go when air borne from the 2 stroke days you could twist you crank going from no load to full load I know the 4 stroke is a one piece crank and wont twist but it cant be goo for the drive train crank plus its not going to do anything. Some times you need both hands to hand on for landing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kool vid I think I will try the E85 again seeing the way the spark lifts at take off
Thanks.. I went back to the beta 402 tune and the Stage 1 8350. Both seem like they are a bit slower on acceleration compared to the E85.

Xadrian, I read somewhere you got your ski to hit 55-57mph? What mods do you have? I'm hitting about 52 with intake, tune, solas 12/17, stainless wear ring, and ribbon delete. Any hope for hitting 60+ without turbo? :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks.. I went back to the beta 402 tune and the Stage 1 8350. Both seem like they are a bit slower on acceleration compared to the E85.

Xadrian, I read somewhere you got your ski to hit 55-57mph? What mods do you have? I'm hitting about 52 with intake, tune, solas 12/17, stainless wear ring, and ribbon delete. Any hope for hitting 60+ without turbo? :D

Yes once only 55-57mph very strange only tune and stainless wear ring not done it again.

What happen I took the ski to the dealer for a fault and they updated the firmware on the ski dropping it back to 60hp and when I tried to reflash it I got the Maptuner blocked message Vtec were very good and helped me update the server files and fix the software incompatibly problem.

I loaded the 101 8500 tune ok but because I have a old Maptuner its firmware is 10.6 it didn't load sports mode. But while Vtec working on it I when for usual Saturday ride I couldn't put it in sports mode just touring mode I found it hit the extra speed I could keep up with a few of my mates that always had an extra 10kms on me.

Vtec fixed the sport mode problem with the set variable setting the I got sports mode but it went back to standard 51-52kmph again.

I mentioned this to the Vtec team but had no luck again I did retune with out the set variable but couldn't reproduce it again.

But if I had to pick the extra speed or sport mode.
sports modes wins for me
>:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes once only 55-57mph very strange only tune and stainless wear ring not done it again.

What happen I took the ski to the dealer for a fault and they updated the firmware on the ski dropping it back to 60hp and when I tried to reflash it I got the Maptuner blocked message Vtec were very good and helped me update the server files and fix the software incompatibly problem.

I loaded the 101 8500 tune ok but because I have a old Maptuner its firmware is 10.6 it didn't load sports mode. But while Vtec working on it I when for usual Saturday ride I couldn't put it in sports mode just touring mode I found it hit the extra speed I could keep up with a few of my mates that always had an extra 10kms on me.

Vtec fixed the sport mode problem with the set variable setting the I got sports mode but it went back to standard 51-52kmph again.

I mentioned this to the Vtec team but had no luck again I did retune with out the set variable but couldn't reproduce it again.

But if I had to pick the extra speed or sport mode.
sports modes wins for me
>:D
That is strange lol. I felt like touring mode was faster top speed for me too but have not confirmed this. I'm thinking about buying the waterbox and free flow exhaust but not sure if it's worth the extra money.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I got my maptunerx and after 2 weeks of nightmare dealings with riva and vtech I got it working. I got out with the e85 final tune and now I can run dead even with my wifes stock HO in touring mode . She said 53mph on her gps speedo. Mine registered 50mph at 8050rpm. We were dead even. My wife by the way weighs 100lbs and Im 250 so it should take about 15 more hp to run even with her. Out of the hole it for sure is a ripper.

By the way dont ever bother emailing vtech they dont answer quaestions and have a 3 day to never turnaround on emails. Get up a 3am and call them . They updated the maptuner x program because of me so you can use old tuning credits on the newer maptuner x.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is anyone running e85 tune running pump gas e85? If so what are the minimum and maximum ethanol content that y'all are using? I'm at about 90% here didn't know if that would be safe if tune file was written on 85% thanks in advance

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts