SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 spark and my engine access cover pops off from time to time when jumping big waves. Does anyone know if the 2015 access cover with the latch will fit a 2014 ski?

FYI, I checked with the dealer to see if mine was covered under the recall and they said is was not and wouldn't do anything about it popping off.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yes they are interchangeable. I went out and swapped them just for you. I put the locking 2015 panel on my 2014 and it locks and everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is awesome info for anyone having this problem! I checked a sea doo parts fiche and they show 2 different part numbers for the 2 different years. The funny thing is they are the same price but it appears the 15 comes with the rubber seal and the 14 is sold separately.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I carefully looked at both openings and they look identical. Just the door has a simple turn lock that grabs the inside of the opening. I may order a new one so both have a lock.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm surprised no one has looked into this yet. I'm also not sure how common of a problem it is but mine popped off several times just yesterday while jumping waves.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I haven't had any issues with my 2014 at all as of yet. Touch wood. Both sparks have been great, we don't do crazy wave jumping though just mainly slides and 180s. We do a lot of long distance cruises so they have an easy life.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha yea I would probably fall more towards the minor abuse side of things. I ride mine out on the ocean a lot and do a lot of long distance trips mixed in with some decent wave jumping. My buddy I ride with also has a 2014 Spark and his cover has never popped off but his cover also looks to be made a little differently than mine.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'd rather the new engine cover than drilling into the hull. It's a nice clean fix.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great question, I saw the new panel and was wondering if they would fit the 2014. I do not have any issues but if I ever have to replace mine I'm going with the 2015, thanks guys.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My buddy and I both ordered the new covers yesterday. They we're about $45 a peice if anyone was wondering. If you do a lot of wave jumping it's worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts