SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spark randomly gets an engine over temp alarm and goes into limp mode. Can’t tell if it’s really overheating or not. You can let sit a few minutes and it cranks and runs fine. It throws the over temp about every 30-45 minutes. Any ideas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spark randomly gets an engine over temp alarm and goes into limp mode. Can’t tell if it’s really overheating or not. You can let sit a few minutes and it cranks and runs fine. It throws the over temp about every 30-45 minutes. Any ideas
I have the same problem . I’m going to call a dealer tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions . Did you figure anything out ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2020 is doing the same thing. Coolant level looks fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone find a solution to this! My dealer cannot figure it out! One of my heat transfer plates on the underside gets really hot but not the other! Shutdown and starts and runs fine then little while later it does this again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i also have the same problem, when i driving fast , spark shows me high engine temperature.
I take the thermostat out, I checked the water pump, and test heat indicator, all is good,coolant level good.
but he also show hight temp when i driving fast . i have 2019 year spark.
maybe someone has idea ? what is going on :(
Seems to just be an issue with these babies. When going all out in sport mode for more than 5 min it does it. Will try touring mode next to see if it still happens. Dealer couldn’t even find an error code stored so he said don’t worry about it unless it gets worse or doesn’t reset limp mode after turning off on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
when i buy this spark ,the first 100 h everthing was fine.
but this year i have all time problems with coolant and engine temperature
Only have 70 hours so far so I guess we have a lot to look forward to. Like they say you get what you pay for. These sparks are cheaper than others so I guess they will have issues others don’t have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems to just be an issue with these babies. When going all out in sport mode for more than 5 min it does it. Will try touring mode next to see if it still happens. Dealer couldn’t even find an error code stored so he said don’t worry about it unless it gets worse or doesn’t reset limp mode after turning off on.
The one side of the heat exchanger gets super hot though so something is up! Can’t be good for the motor so I made sure the issue is documented with brp and that there is still this issue as my warranty is about to run out!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same thing going on with my 2018 3up 900 ace with 60 hours. Started a week ago. After testing varying speeds I have found that I can drive all day at 35 to 40 mph, but if I go full speed it will throw the high temp warning with loss of power and I have to shut it down. Seems to run fine after that but only at 40mph or less. No change in coolant level ever.
Hoping someone has found the cause?

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are tons of post for this but no results so far. Mine does the same thing. 2020 sprark 90hp. Overheats only at max throttle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now my 2nd spark is doing the same thing. Same year and configuration.
Similar issue with wait time for service. I'm just going to finish out the season and then take them in unless someone else figures this out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here. I’m finishing the season for now. I live in an area where there aren’t many shops to look at this. They sell them, but primarily focus on 4wheelers and bikes. So I don’t trust them to be able to find the problem in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The one side of the heat exchanger gets super hot though so something is up! Can’t be good for the motor so I made sure the issue is documented with brp and that there is still this issue as my warranty is about to run out!!
Read the manual! You’ll see that only one side is actually operable. The other is just for balance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts