SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the forum. This past winter I installed the VTS kit to my son's Spark 90 w IBR. We triple checked all connections while installing as per the BRP instructions, and the IBR override worked after installation. When we launched the Spark last weekend, not only did the VTS not function, the override won't even work. Yes, we're following the procedure exactly. All fuses are good. VTS appears on the dash, but the switch does nothing with either the display or the actual bucket. Did I get a dud kit or did I screw up the install?

Kelly

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wish I could help, my kit is still in the box as I focused on other upgrades first (Solas SS prop and SS wear ring, Intake grate, etc.). I hope I don't run into the same issue when I get to installing mine. Please update if you do discover the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I could help, my kit is still in the box as I focused on other upgrades first (Solas SS prop and SS wear ring, Intake grate, etc.). I hope I don't run into the same issue when I get to installing mine. Please update if you do discover the issue.
Well, I had the opportunity to investigate more yesterday. I removed the harness from the back of the gauge and tore it down. As suspected, the black wire wasn’t fully seated in the harness, thus not making good contact. Once I wrestled it in properly, and it DID NOT want to go in as easily as the others did, voila, fixed. Hello 12 o’clock!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for letting us know the cause. i bought a set of the tools to pull/ install the connectors, hopefully that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts