SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I didn't know that warranties can have a deductible. I wasn't even aware that there WAS an extended warranty option. My dealer never told me. I know if you sell it and its still under warranty its helps make for a quicker sale and its great to cover things but at the same time you have to wait until its up to do most mods and I'm finding with PWCs more than cars, its easier for them to call user error and not cover something so I'm wondering if the warranty is pointless. Also I wonder if they won't cover the same problem twice. Hyundai wont. I had a new car who's transmission went at 200 miles. They replaced with a refurbished one and it started slipping again and they said warranties don't cover the same part twice.

If you add on the extended warranty, about how much is it?
I am pretty sure as a dealer in Florida they can't offer you extended warranty, not sure if its a decision BRP made or if there is some other reason, but I am pretty sure you can go out of state to another dealer and they can sell you extended warranty and you can get that work done by a dealer in your home state of Florida, never heard getting denied warranty because of a reoccurring warranty issue, but because you had something fixed under warranty your warranty doesn't start over, the coverage you have continues on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can someone tell me what warranty I received? I paid $1000 extra for it and it doesn't say anywhere on the paperwork how many months it is... $1000 I would assume covers the full 4 years? Can someone point me out to where I can find this information?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The BRP Extended Warranty is not worth the paper it’s written on!

I bought a brand new, 2018 Sea Doo Spark, 2up, 90hp iBR to use at my lake home May thru September along with a PortaDock PWC lift to park it next to my dock. When I bought my new 2018 Spark in May of 2018, I also bought an extended warranty which was supposed*** to cover me from engine repair costs for 24 months (instead of just 12 months) with a $50 deductible. Hmmm.

I have had a certified auto and marine technician do oil and filter changes every spring and run anti freeze thru the system in the fall and store it inside.

Now we get to last month (May, 2020). A family member of mine capsized my Spark after paralleling some big waves from a wave boat and it partially hydro locked (no outward indication of a major issue other than the water supply hose disconnecting). After about 20 hours of use later... it blew a rod! The lead BRP technician at the BRP dealer that I bought my 2018 Spark from is balking at replacing the engine under my extended warranty and acts like I am asking him to give up his first born to even try to pursue it with them. :/

I also have the best PWC insurance that Foremost/Farmer Insurance offers. I have a feeling both Foremost/Farmers and BRP are going to point the finger at each other on this one. Anyone else in the same situation? I had no idea that the engineering on these PWCs was so lackluster... I REGRET buying now.

Oh... now for the best part. The cost of replacing my cracked engine? $7300! That’s more than I paid for it!!! And as far as getting a new 2020 Sea Doo Spark to replace my totaled 2018 Spark... no inventory will be available until September!

If Foremost/Farmers cover my claim... I am pretty sure I am going to just buy a used Yamaha and call it good. I am rating the engineering on the Sea Doo Spark as “Mickey Mouse” at best.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I don't know about the engineering being Mickey Mouse but I do know that BRP sucks when it comes to customer service. I also have noticed that Most dealership REALLY suck because like you said, they think we are asking for something utterly out of the realm of anything a dealer could do. I would suffice to say that its mostly the dealership and BRP that really need to get their **** together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know about the engineering being Mickey Mouse but I do know that BRP sucks when it comes to customer service. I also have noticed that Most dealership REALLY suck because like you said, they think we are asking for something utterly out of the realm of anything a dealer could do. I would suffice to say that its mostly the dealership and BRP that really need to get their **** together.
Agreed and thanks!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts