SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it yesterday I had to work so I ask my father to test drive it for me I come back and the a small chip on the hull no major hole just wondering what can you use to patch it up and get it back to where it was or something close thanks .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just got it yesterday I had to work so I ask my father to test drive it for me I come back and the a small chip on the hull no major hole just wondering what can you use to patch it up and get it back to where it was or something close thanks .
Don't be surprised if it came from the factory with it . here in oz my local dealer said every 2015 model has come with FACTORY SCRATCHES on the hull. I just got my replacement . 3 months later.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wouldn't even worry about a scratch or two.... Any PWC ends up with a few marks and bruises after a riding season.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well maybe I'm DIFFRENT but I paid for a brand new ski. Not one with scratches. My new hull nearly done so I'm happy.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well maybe I'm DIFFRENT but I paid for a brand new ski. Not one with scratches. My new hull nearly done so I'm happy.

I would not want that much work done to my ski. I would either want a new ski without scratches or some other incentives. I'm an automotive mechanic and I know big jobs like that not always go to plan. So when I noticed the scratches on mine I ended up getting a free depth sounder. I know I'm going to scratch it myself eventually so I might as well live with it and get some accessories.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well I have ridden it for 3 months in waiting. So I see it as a new hull. Plus its a very simple job could have done it in a day if we were keen. Also now I know the inside out of my spark.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I would not want that much work done to my ski. I would either want a new ski without scratches or some other incentives. I'm an automotive mechanic and I know big jobs like that not always go to plan. So when I noticed the scratches on mine I ended up getting a free depth sounder. I know I'm going to scratch it myself eventually so I might as well live with it and get some accessories.
It always helps to come from experience like that, to foresee what can happen and can't

What type of vehicles did you work on? In dealerships or independent shops?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've worked for Chrysler for almost 15 years now. I just find with big jobs not all some things just don't get back the way they were. It may be just fine, I just know how some mechanics are. If you were watching its a completely different story as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts