SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
What's the other PWC that you have there? Is that also a Seadoo? Looks just as big or smaller than the Spark, but since the Spark is the cheapest on the market, it must have cost more.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ayyy OP just noticed you were from New York, where do you ride? I'm down by Candlewood lake in CT, but am Trying to bring the Spark up to Lake George this summer for a few days, I love it up there.

I'd also like to try and get way out to Skaneateles Lake, but I doubt I have the time for that adventure this year!

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's why I like old toys at times, they're tried and true unlike some of these new toys that are at times questionable.
The Spark has proven to be quite good quality though. The handle bar thing was a blip in the beginning, but it seems that everything is turning out well now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hunter090:
I'm not sure about that. Mine has a bad oil leak. After 2 weeks and 10 hours, I noticed it. Sure, they are fixing it, but come on, a rear shaft seal leak? I'm guessing that it was built poorly and nobody noticed.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hunter090:
I'm not sure about that. Mine has a bad oil leak. After 2 weeks and 10 hours, I noticed it. Sure, they are fixing it, but come on, a rear shaft seal leak? I'm guessing that it was built poorly and nobody noticed.

Your one spark owner out of many. Issues arise with all machines your just the unlucky winner of one of the issues. Out of everyone on these forums that have had no issues I'd say they have been very good machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Spark15:
Well said: only time will tell. A quick search of the Spark forums reveals that I'm not the only one with trouble (steering column recalls for one). Most people don't have trouble and that is a good thing!!! After my problem gets cleared up, I'll be OK (law of averages). As an engineer, I wonder how this one got by them. Curious is all. Perhaps they don't run and leak test an engine after its built. Perhaps it isn't cost effective to do that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my Spark back. They are a lot of fun! :D

·
Registered
516 Posts
Spark15:
Well said: only time will tell. A quick search of the Spark forums reveals that I'm not the only one with trouble (steering column recalls for one). Most people don't have trouble and that is a good thing!!! After my problem gets cleared up, I'll be OK (law of averages). As an engineer, I wonder how this one got by them. Curious is all. Perhaps they don't run and leak test an engine after its built. Perhaps it isn't cost effective to do that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my Spark back. They are a lot of fun! :D

True you aren't the only one with issues, but the ones with issues are very few. I never count recalls against a vehicle, at least because they are being fixed free of charge most before the issue ever happens. I'm a mechanic and you would be amazed the stuff that come back under 1000 km on vehicles that's gone wrong. They are an assembly line vehicle it's just going to happen that stuff is going to be missed. Nothing is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts