SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had an absolute blast with the new spark this weekend! Put about 4 hours on her and every one of them was filled with 180's, nose dives, getting or throwing people off, 1 flip over and even some air time! I even figured out how to slide sideways across boat wake (like grinding down a rail on a skateboard)! This little thing is nothing but pure fun due to the size/weight/power!

I do have a couple of concerns, however. After going through some major boat wakes my steering seemed to really stiffen up. The handle bars used to move by me blowing on them, but now require more input. I don't feel like the handling has decreased at all, however. I'm going to try some wd-40 on the shafts the next time out and see if that helps. My ski is also on the recall list so perhaps that'll help it out some.

It also feels like the engine is idling rough, however I'm not totally certain on that as I do get paranoid about a lot....I'm not sure if it's affecting my performance and all, but it does feel a little more sluggish off the line than when I first put it in the water...

One question. Has anyone tried to operate with 3 adults on it? I know the seating it tight, but I couldn't even get the ski to plane out...We were within the weight limit. Overall the ski with 2 or 3 people isn't the most stable (like skis of old), which is understandable based on the size and weight. Little worried about tubing behind this thing with 2 or 3 on the ski and 1-2 on the tube (yeah I know this isn't legal)

Overall a fantastic little ski and loving the purchase. Looking into some performance mods over the winter/spring...I can't even image how much this thing would fly with some engine tweaks and then throwing on some better sponsons would just be asking for trouble :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Had an absolute blast with the new spark this weekend! Put about 4 hours on her and every one of them was filled with 180's, nose dives, getting or throwing people off, 1 flip over and even some air time! I even figured out how to slide sideways across boat wake (like grinding down a rail on a skateboard)! This little thing is nothing but pure fun due to the size/weight/power!

I do have a couple of concerns, however. After going through some major boat wakes my steering seemed to really stiffen up. The handle bars used to move by me blowing on them, but now require more input. I don't feel like the handling has decreased at all, however. I'm going to try some wd-40 on the shafts the next time out and see if that helps. My ski is also on the recall list so perhaps that'll help it out some...

It also feels like the engine is idling rough, however I'm not totally certain on that as I do get paranoid about a lot....I'm not sure if it's affecting my performance and all, but it does feel a little more sluggish off the line than when I first put it in the water...

One question...Has anyone tried to operate with 3 adults on it? I know the seating it tight, but I couldn't even get the ski to plane out...We were within the weight limit. Overall the ski with 2 or 3 people isn't the most stable (like skis of old) .

Sounds like you had a ton of fun!

Not getting up on a plane being under the weight limit would worry me.. I weight 240 and my gf 140 ish (she won't tell me) and we have no problem . If it's choppy sometimes we have a hard time keeping up on plane unless we are going over 35 mph ... But we have no problem getting to plane and quickly from start

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
thanks for your feedback of the spark, which will greatly help a lot of people here reading it.

keep us posted on how things go for you as you put in more riding time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the issue with not getting to plane was partially my fault. I didn't enable sport mode which didn't give me enough starting power to get it up. Next time!

Overall fantastic weekend though! I've piloted a few skis in my time but never owned one. This thing was by far the funnest I've been on! Any concerns I had about maybe not enough power or speed or being all plastic were gone on first throttle pull...and I never even gave it full throttle since I'm still in the breakin period!:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, just waiting on the dealer to get parts in. Like most others I think the dealers were confused/blindsided on if they were receiving parts or just having to order them in.

·
Registered
233 Posts
People have definitely been tubing behind the Spark. You are supposed to have a free spot on the Spark for each person on the tube though. I think that having 2 people on the Spark as well as towing a few might be a lot of weight for the Spark to handle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts