SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fishing Rig setup for 2018

Hi, I’ve been fishing with the Seadoo spark since we’ve owned jetski. Fish for small/large mount bass, pickerel, white/yellow perch, crappie on Long lake, Brandy pond, Sebago Lake and a few other local spots with great success. The fish don’t seam to mind the jet sound at all. Went through the common PVC rack/cooler setup which I never really liked due to the awkward position (behind you) to retrieve/store tackle, gear, etc. Also I wanted the capability to reboard from the back without issue.

Finally after a few different setups, I came up with this current fishing rig which is similar to my last version with two “saddle style” bins on the side for easy access. The bins have been replaced with Zipperless soft coolers with removable hard liners made by Artic Zone. One cooler is used as an actual cooler with ice for keeper fish and live bait and the other cooler for storage, tackle, gear etc.

The whole rear saddle rig setup is on piece that is secured down with 4 buckles total (2 on each side) and one aluminum bar on each side bolted to the rear grab bar. Very secure and snug fitment. The goal was to have no screws, bolts or permanent holes to the hull. I can remove the rig in less than two minutes. If I were to guess the whole rear setup probably weighs 20/25lbs.

The two 30 can coolers are supported by 3/8”
treated plywood wrapped in EVA foam and then black vinyl material. If I can get 3/5years out of this setup I’d be happy with that. Didn’t take long to make and now I know exactly how to make it so if I can get a few years out of this I’d be ok with that.

The saddle rig has 4 fixed Cabela rod holders in back with 2 additional accessory holders made of gray electrical conduit to hold my net or any additional gear. Also two more fully adjust rod holders on the front trolling.

The basic Hummingbird fish finder is mounted in the front and the transducer is attached to the remounting step in the rear. (perfect location without having to drill into the hull)

Also installed a PYLE Bluetooth/USB receiver hooked up to two speakers 4” speakers which I had to make a plywood exclosure for. All of the additional electronics are powered by two small 12v 8AH batteries ran in parallel together. The batteries are kept in the front storage bin inside a Harbor Freight Apache 9” waterproof tough box that happens to fit snuggly in place. I can play music for over 8 hours at medium volume before dying out which is way longer than I’m ever out fishing.

I’ve spent months scouring the internet in search of other jetski fishing rigs and have taking bits and pieces and finally coming with this. Sleek, low cost, and practical so when I’m done with it I can just ride the jetski with the family.

Hope this post inspires the next seadoo spark fishing venture!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I am looking into setting my spark up for fishing and am very interested in the rear cooler and rod holder set up you have. Did you make this yourself or purchase and combine parts? Any further info, links or pics would be awesome! Thanks for you help! Your setup looks amazing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fishing Rig setup for 2018

Hi, I’ve been fishing with the Seadoo spark since we’ve owned jetski. Fish for small/large mount bass, pickerel, white/yellow perch, crappie on Long lake, Brandy pond, Sebago Lake and a few other local spots with great success. The fish don’t seam to mind the jet sound at all. Went through the common PVC rack/cooler setup which I never really liked due to the awkward position (behind you) to retrieve/store tackle, gear, etc. Also I wanted the capability to reboard from the back without issue.

Finally after a few different setups, I came up with this current fishing rig which is similar to my last version with two “saddle style” bins on the side for easy access. The bins have been replaced with Zipperless soft coolers with removable hard liners made by Artic Zone. One cooler is used as an actual cooler with ice for keeper fish and live bait and the other cooler for storage, tackle, gear etc.

The whole rear saddle rig setup is on piece that is secured down with 4 buckles total (2 on each side) and one aluminum bar on each side bolted to the rear grab bar. Very secure and snug fitment. The goal was to have no screws, bolts or permanent holes to the hull. I can remove the rig in less than two minutes. If I were to guess the whole rear setup probably weighs 20/25lbs.

The two 30 can coolers are supported by 3/8”
treated plywood wrapped in EVA foam and then black vinyl material. If I can get 3/5years out of this setup I’d be happy with that. Didn’t take long to make and now I know exactly how to make it so if I can get a few years out of this I’d be ok with that.

The saddle rig has 4 fixed Cabela rod holders in back with 2 additional accessory holders made of gray electrical conduit to hold my net or any additional gear. Also two more fully adjust rod holders on the front trolling.

The basic Hummingbird fish finder is mounted in the front and the transducer is attached to the remounting step in the rear. (perfect location without having to drill into the hull)

Also installed a PYLE Bluetooth/USB receiver hooked up to two speakers 4” speakers which I had to make a plywood exclosure for. All of the additional electronics are powered by two small 12v 8AH batteries ran in parallel together. The batteries are kept in the front storage bin inside a Harbor Freight Apache 9” waterproof tough box that happens to fit snuggly in place. I can play music for over 8 hours at medium volume before dying out which is way longer than I’m ever out fishing.

I’ve spent months scouring the internet in search of other jetski fishing rigs and have taking bits and pieces and finally coming with this. Sleek, low cost, and practical so when I’m done with it I can just ride the jetski with the family.

Hope this post inspires the next seadoo spark fishing venture!
Would you be interested in building one and selling it complete?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts