SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was riding my new season spark and I was have fun and turn flipped it upside down the tether did not come onclip so the engine was running when it was upside down for about 1 min flip it up right tune it of and it was making no noise try starting it and it fire right up got it to shore check the oil and it was good no water in the oil could of it done damage to the engine thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
If your oil level is good and it fired right up then you're totally fine. Flipping the ski is part of the fun! :laugh:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I flipped mine other day, check engine light came on, tether was not long enough since i wqs in water right next to it. It ran for about 30 seconds before i found cord and pulled it off. I limbed back to shore with light on, let it sit for a while, then it fired right back up, perfectly fine, check engine was gone. Guess just got bit of oil up in the head. No biggie, no issue since.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had one of my 3ups out yesterday with the kids and with 3 of us on the ski we flipped over. The tether cord came off as it should and the engine stopped. I had the ski right side up in about 10 seconds after flipping it. This was my first flip, so I immediately fired it back up and pulled it onto the trailer and pulled the drain plug and about a half cup of water came out.
This morning I checked the hull and there was still about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water still in the hull that wouldn't come out of the drain plug because the drain seems to sit higher than the low point of the bilge. I even tried tilting the front of the ski on an extreme angle to see if the remaining water would drain, but it didn't. I shop vacced the remaining water out before taking it back out today. It ran it for 2 hours and it ran perfectly fine.

So, my questions are, how much water is too much water in the hull and why would the drain plug not allow for drainage of all the water in the bilge?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I had one of my 3ups out yesterday with the kids and with 3 of us on the ski we flipped over. The tether cord came off as it should and the engine stopped. I had the ski right side up in about 10 seconds after flipping it. This was my first flip, so I immediately fired it back up and pulled it onto the trailer and pulled the drain plug and about a half cup of water came out.
This morning I checked the hull and there was still about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water still in the hull that wouldn't come out of the drain plug because the drain seems to sit higher than the low point of the bilge. I even tried tilting the front of the ski on an extreme angle to see if the remaining water would drain, but it didn't. I shop vacced the remaining water out before taking it back out today. It ran it for 2 hours and it ran perfectly fine.

So, my questions are, how much water is too much water in the hull and why would the drain plug not allow for drainage of all the water in the bilge?
a couple of cups of water in the bilge isn't going to hurt anything, the drain plug is attached to a siphon drain in the hull, so while you drive the machine it sucks water out of the bilge, it sits slightly above the bottom of the hull so it can't drain every drop of water out of the hull, after you flip your machine you should let it sit for about a minute to let the oil drain back down from the valve cover.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts