SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I let a friend ride my spark (first problem). She flipped it and the key didn't come off so it stayed running upside down for about a minute and was upside down for probably 3 minutes. I took it into the shore and let the water run out for 10-15 minutes (a LOT of water). Got it back out to test it. If I took off slowly, it would get up to almost full speed. If I tried to take off quickly, it acted as it there was something stuck in the impeller. It would shake and not allow it to get up speed.
Do I have a severe problem? The oil is brown and translucent, not milky.
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check oil again. Also I would do a compression check to make sure the cylinders were not hydro locked and damaged. Does it run smooth and sound normal at idle?
The Spark also has a built in Limp mode that is engaged after a roll over. It will run at slow speed. You have to hold full throttle for a couple of seconds (in water of course) to exit the limp mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jrl1644. I was wondering why it shut off even though the key stayed in. Limp mode is such a great function. I checked the oil. It wasn't milky - everything there looked normal. I took out the spark plugs to see if water would shoot out when I pressed the start button (saw in on a youtube video from a different ski). Nothing shot out. I should have checked the compression but I've put it back together now.
It sounds normal at idle. I'm going to try to test it out again this weekend. Does anyone know if it would be covered by insurance (Progressive) if I happened to damage it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If everything is seems ok with motor, then maybe it is just the low rpm limp mode keeping it from going to higher rpm’s. This mode doesn’t make engine run rough though. It just limits rpm’s. So if it runs rough when you rev up motor, this is not the issue. I hope it turns out to be something simple. 👍🏼

1 - 5 of 5 Posts