SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

Flipped Spark/Major water intake!

12K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  blainec9310 
#1 ·
Well my first mistake was putting in both jet skis(3up) without remembering to put the plugs in. After about 5 minutes in the water I jumped off and put them in. I didn't notice the skis sitting low or anything. We rode for about 45 minutes and then switched riders. My friend jumped on one with his two small girls, maybe a total weight of 325-350 pounds, were riding and rolled the ski during a turn. He said it didn't seem steady to him and he didn't know what happened. He isn't an experienced rider btw. Anyhow, I flipped it over counter clockwise like the sticker showed. Trying to get back on the ski was near impossible because there was so much water in it! The rear end was sinking when I was trying to get on. Eventually I was able to and rode it back to the dock at low RPM's, which took about 3 minutes. I admit I hadn't read there manual so I didn't know to ride it for 5 minutes below 5000RPM to clear out the bilge. Anyhow, I got it back on the trailer and took it to the house after pulling the plug. When I pulled the plug no water drained out. When I opened the side panel I could clearly see a large amount of water! I titled the trailer higher thinking maybe the water wasn't making it's way back to the drain... however no water came out at all. I ended up having to siphon the water out via the left side panel! I took it out again yesterday and it runs fine! And it was bone dry when I came back. I emailed the dealer to see if I still had the old side panel that I read about on here, but my main question is why wouldn't the water drain when I pulled the plug???:|

See less See more
#3 ·
One of our two 3ups sat in 5 feet of water overnight and the next morning the hull was full of water.......its back at dealer now......hopefully they will figure it out and get it back to us before the July4th weekend......both sparks have less then 3 hours on them

#4 ·
If you take the top off you will notice that further to the front of the ski, it has...say...little plastic walls coming up from the hull. I noticed when I removed my top I noticed that water had built up in the front and wasnt able to make its way foward. It was not a lot of water though.

#5 ·
I literally lifted the tongue of the trailer over my head thinking the water wasn't reaching the drain for some reason... still nothing! It ran fine the next day with no water intake, so I was just curious if anyone else has had issues like this and if there's a fix.

#7 ·
I'm almost positive it was when it was flipped because the other spark had no water in it at all. I am waiting on the dealer to reply to my email about whether or not I ave one of the original side panels that was recalled. I am more curious why it wouldn't drain after I pulled the plug... I had to go buy a siphon to get it all out. Not one drop would come out of the plug! I took the ski back out the next day and rode for 30 minutes and no water got in on that trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.