SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 'new to me' 2019 Trixx has a flush kit installed on the exhaust outlet. On an earlier ride I mistakenly identified this as a second bildge drain because it looked the same (aside from the fact that it had no plug) because it had no quick connect nipple screwed in (according to kit 295100555), so I screwed a spare plug into it. Thankfully I was never warned of an overheat and seem to have had no issues. I've since ridden with it properly unplugged and have had no issues, ever.

I'm wondering what may have happened to the water taken in to cool the exhaust since it appearantly had no way to make its usual exit? I have the top off now and have been inspecting things closely since its to cold to go out. Nothing seems affected, based on my visual inspections. I'll check the oil, but I've checked its level since then and didn't notice any odd color that might suggest something is wrong there. All connections look tight and clean so I don't expect that it leaked into the bildge. The bildge pump or drain would have removed it by now, of course. If water wasn't circulating through the system as it should, maybe I didn't ride hard enough to overheat, assuming the exhaust cooling system was either air filled or had static water in place. When I drain the exhaust for storage I seem to recall some water coming out near the pump outlet (I think this would be the exhaust inlet) and maybe near the pump intake (though I might have this confused with a GTI).

Thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts