SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been breakin in my 60 horse Spark. Lots of varied throttle, barely above idle in/outa channel, all lake driving at about 70'F~. Also 75~ seconds of flushing after each ride of 45 mins to an hour. 2.5 hours total so far, all fluids good but, just over 1/2 of the 8 gallons 87 (Grocery store 10% ethanol gasoline) Octane fuel has disappeared.

Considering My GF and I weigh maybe 260 dressed and 10 lbs of stuff aboard, seems high. Imagine it's still tight and the on/off throttle uses more along with the slow speed channel driving but, I figured, with the advertised 1.9 GPH advertised consumption, she'd be better.

She idles at 1400 RPM "still"...runs well all around

Thoughts?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let's do some rough math.

2.5 hours * 1.9gph = 4.75 gallons.

Half of 7.9 gallon tank = 3.95 gallons

Seems like you're running ok to me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx! funny, it didn't "click off" filling the tank until just over 8 gallons when new, must be a long filler pipe!

Figured I was "about right" on fuel but imagining wasn't so scientifc...LoL

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Don't worry Jeffin, the first couple times I went out I was sucking down gas. The more you ride the better it's going to get. First ride out for me after I picked it up, the gauge read full. I was out for a 1/2 hr and it took a half a tank of gas. The more I rode, the better the consumption got. Now I am at 9hrs and I can play for about three hrs jumping waves and barley get down to a half a tank.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Don't worry Jeffin, the first couple times I went out I was sucking down gas. The more you ride the better it's going to get. First ride out for me after I picked it up, the gauge read full. I was out for a 1/2 hr and it took a half a tank of gas. The more I rode, the better the consumption got. Now I am at 9hrs and I can play for about three hrs jumping waves and barley get down to a half a tank.
Thanx, that seems normal for a tight new motor and all the on/off change throttle openings that I'm doing, and low spped channeling. 43 mph top speed w/ 2 aboard. 7050 rpm. Decent take off. 60 HP is FINE on the smaller lakes...:D

I managed 8.1~ gallons on first fill, right to the neck top so watch out, you want to shut off a bit sooner!

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I was also watch when fueling. I found the spark tank gets a lot of air trapped inside it. Once I get the tank and neck almost full, I shake it a few times on the trailer, I can probably put another half gallon in it after that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts