SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice a fuel smell in the hull when their spark has been sitting awhile closed up? My spark has been in the garage with all the covers on for a little over a week now. Don't ask me why but I decided to take the battery access panel off and stick my nose in. There seems to be a distinct fuel smell. I think I might just be paranoid. I was thinking with it sitting so long that some fuel vapor from the intake may have seeped out and made the engine compartment smell. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Anyone notice a fuel smell in the hull when their spark has been sitting awhile closed up? My spark has been in the garage with all the covers on for a little over a week now. Don't ask me why but I decided to take the battery access panel off and stick my nose in. There seems to be a distinct fuel smell. I think I might just be paranoid. I was thinking with it sitting so long that some fuel vapor from the intake may have seeped out and made the engine compartment smell. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?
yes, both of mine have a fuel smell to them, I wouldn't say its a strong smell but my sense of smell isn't too good! my old Seadoos always smelled like that too. If you are concerned about it you could do a pressure test on the fuel system, If you take it to the dealer to have it checked they could charge you for it if they don't find anything wrong!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I left the covers off over night and the smell disapated. Then after a 3 hour tour today I took the cover off and stuck my nose in and didn't smell anything unusual. So I assume it was just a little unburnt fuel coming out of the intake over time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts