SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm completely happy with my 3 up HO but a little disappointed in gas mileage . I have 15 hours on it and tonight went for 1 1/2 hours and almost didn't make it back.. I averaged 37 mph .. No ripping around . Has anyone else had any issues? I had a full tank 30 litres

·
Registered
318 Posts
Either your calculations are wrong or there is something wrong with your ski. You should be getting 3 to 5 hours on a full tank I'd recheck before doing diagnostics. If your using double what you should then you might be washing down the rings and filling the crank with fuel. Check for a fuel smell in the hull indicating a leak

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can run about 5-5.5 hrs of straight riding on a full tank filled to the brim . Its nice i think. Wish the tank was just alil bigger thou.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I havent been out and run a full tank yet. More and more of my freinds are now digging their skis out or buying new ones, so I will learn how long I can go soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm completely happy with my 3 up HO but a little disappointed in gas mileage . I have 15 hours on it and tonight went for 1 1/2 hours and almost didn't make it back.. I averaged 37 mph .. No ripping around . Has anyone else had any issues? I had a full tank 30 litres
I went 3.5 hours and had 1/4 tank left. Averaged about 30mph.

Where do you ride in NB? Saint John River?

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
my 60 HP w/ two riders and lotsa throttle movement is getting as advertised, around 2~ GPH! That is nice, side note: when filling I'm getting just over 8 gallons on 7.9 Gal tank, apparantly the pump nozzle doesn't go far enough into the filler to shut off early. Still, the hours and fuel use are roughly as advertised when I use the hour meter and the 8 bars on the gauge..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went 3.5 hours and had 1/4 tank left. Averaged about 30mph.

Where do you ride in NB? Saint John River?
Yup from fredericton to gage town and back. Full tank.. I'm going to take it out Sunday and repeat. On the way back to Freddy the wind was fairly strong and a little choppy. I wonder if this had any effect.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Either your calculations are wrong or there is something wrong with your ski. You should be getting 3 to 5 hours on a full tank I'd recheck before doing diagnostics. If your using double what you should then you might be washing down the rings and filling the crank with fuel. Check for a fuel smell in the hull indicating a leak
Thanks for the info. I will be taking it out again this Sunday . If it does it again I will bring it I . I don't think it could be the wear ring because It will still go up to 51 mph

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really wish someone would come out with a larger tank, there is plenty of room for one. Also for us guys with the 2up 90+ HP it would make a difference on keeping the front end down.

I agree. Even the 3 up with 2 on the back when cruising at 30 mph I sometimes need to put my weight forward to keep in on a level plane.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yup from fredericton to gage town and back. Full tank.. I'm going to take it out Sunday and repeat. On the way back to Freddy the wind was fairly strong and a little choppy. I wonder if this had any effect.
The chop on gas mileage yes. I've ridden a Sea Doo on the southern part of the Saint John river and amazingly down by Saint John but above Reversing Falls it gets really rough at times. Must be the extreme depth.

I have not tried going from Saint John to freddy by water though. I know it gets small in parts. Would make for a good trip...bring extra gas though

·
Registered
125 Posts
Here is my data so far. Breakin 5 hours used 8 gallons. I estimate all said and done i averaged 25 mph. Less in the beginning more at the end. Mostly smooth river. Took me 2 days 2.5 hours each day. It took 4 gallons each day. That's an estimated 125 miles per 8 gallons or 15mpg at 1.6 gallons per hour.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am getting about 4.5 hrs at full throttle 50mph on 93 Oct exxon. I have driven as far as Lake Houston dam, San Jacinto river to Galveston. I built a fishing rack that has storage so I can add 10 more Gallons of fuel to make it back. For the price I love the spark over a fishing tracker and for pure fun, it's a great option against the more expensive fiberglass crafts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
On my first day I rode for about 3 hrs and still had 1/3 tank left. On my second day I filled the tank back up, rode for 2 hours and still had 2/3rds of a tank left.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts