SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top of the very front of my ski is all scratched up with a minor gash and the dealership label ripped in half/off. (about 2" area ) I know it was done at the marina by marina staff but I guess they are playing stupid since one of them pointed it out as i was looking at it and said " i heard those sparks scratch really easily " It's not a huge deal but still not fun to have any blemishes on a ski thats only a week old...

anyway...

what do you do to fix spark scratches / gashes? Sand it with sand paper? Nothing? I've never dealt with a vehicle of this material before.
Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
The top of the very front of my ski is all scratched up with a minor gash and the dealership label ripped in half/off. (about 2" area ) I know it was done at the marina by marina staff but I guess they are playing stupid since one of them pointed it out as i was looking at it and said " i heard those sparks scratch really easily " It's not a huge deal but still not fun to have any blemishes on a ski thats only a week old...

anyway...

what do you do to fix spark scratches / gashes? Sand it with sand paper? Nothing? I've never dealt with a vehicle of this material before.
Thanks
BRP says that you need to heat the plastic and I assume melt it. Will let you know when i find out more...

·
Registered
227 Posts
BRP says that you need to heat the plastic and I assume melt it. Will let you know when i find out more...
Actually you are supposed to heat it only to the point that it doesn't begin to shine. The shop manual goes into detail on the procedure. I have a number of scratches on mine but could care less. I'd rather use it than spending time keeping it cosmetically perfect.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So does that mean that you need to have a heat gun, or a blow dryer in order to take out the scratches? It doesn't sound like it would be too too hard of an endeavor.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Actually you are supposed to heat it only to the point that it doesn't begin to shine. The shop manual goes into detail on the procedure. I have a number of scratches on mine but could care less. I'd rather use it than spending time keeping it cosmetically perfect.
Haven't heard of that procedure just yet but a couple of battle scars is expected.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. It's not a huge deal to me but when I do a deep clean here and there i'd like to give it a little plastic surgery too.

Mark - I'm looking for a shop manual that goes over everything including IBR. Where did you get yours?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts