SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a old but good jet ski trailer. Now should I use that or get a new one? I'm getting a 2 up. What do you all think?

·
Registered
39 Posts
It shouldn't matter whether you get a new one or old one, just make sure you adjust the supports to be at the in the proper spots on the bottom of the spark and on the front... if you need any pictures to see how they should be just let me know and I will take some and post them.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Can you put up the pics. I just wanna make sure mine are in the right spot

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am refitting a used two place trailer for my 3up spark and another older x-4 hull seadoo. would like to see pictures of bunk placement also. my dealer had no clue. i figure the bunks should be along where the two stainless panels are on the botton of the hull.... any feedback would be great

Thanks

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Trailer old or new wont matter. If you have an old one, just make sure the bearings are still good and the bunks are in the right spot and save yourself $500. You can spend that on neat toys for the ski.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would not buy a brand new trailer if you already have a trailer that will work perfectly fine. Unless it is broken or would be difficult to use for some reason, I say save your money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well with the trailer I have its has a little on one of the cross members and it could use tires ect. It was a spare trailer that would work if in a jam or if a friend was in the a jam. I only paid $50 for it. But I have tires just got to put them on it. I was quoted $755 for a new seadoo move for the spark or 650 for a new venture trailer.

Btw I also talk to the dealer and was told "Bunks as long as they are about 21" (outer edge to outer Edge) you should be fine"

·
Registered
36 Posts
tires around here -central florida- are cheaper than a trailer.... just depends on how you feel about fixing up the one you have, vs. the expense of a new one. the spark is only about 500lbs approx.. so a small trailer should handle it quite easily. i used an older trailer to pick mine up from the dealer... shopped craigs list bought two older seadoos and a double trailer for 400.00... granted neither of the older ones ran, but i have been fixing old seadoos for many years. have a garage full of seadoo 2 stroke parts.. so have the new one for the GF and an older x-4 with a 720 in it for me

Reactions: serpent710
1 - 10 of 10 Posts