SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to adjust the steering on my Spark this morning. For whatever reason, with the handlebars straight, the nozzle has a slight turn to the left. This sucked out on the water yesterday.

So I just pulled the panel and I see the steering adjuster under the handlebars. Looks easy. No screwdriver required. Looks like push up on clip and twist either way. Everything is plastic on this thing.

Google search had people adjusting steering at the rear turning turnbuckles and jam nuts, but an service manual excerpt for a different Sea Doo model said all steering adjustments should be done at the steering column.

Anyone know where I can find a download of the Spark Svc manual?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
If I remember correctly, Isnt there an adjustable threaded bolt nut thing on the end of the steering cable? Right before it connects to the handle bar part with single bolt?

·
Registered
247 Posts
BRP -- Operator's Guides

The procedure is in your owners manual on page 83. Click link above -Click View- Select-Upper left corner watercraft-2014 model-Spark series- English?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
cant this be adjusted to some degree? See image
No you don't even mess with that nut.

All done. So fast to do even adjusted the 2nd Spark that wasn't as bad as the first. Prob been that way from delivery but think I was having so much fun my attention musta been elsewhere.

That plastic retention clip is springy so you have to hold it up as your turn the adjuster otherwise the constant clicking gets annoying.

I counted how many twists I went and then went back and used a square edge off a flat surface on the pump to make sure it was equal both sides of the center-line.

Nozzle pointed left it took quite a few turns to get it back. Even then I overshot and had to twist back the other direction.

Twist to left makes nozzle go right. Twist right makes nozzle go left. No need to mess with turnbuckle on rear.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Mine also wanted to go left. I adjusted the nut a couple of turns and now all is fine. It was fairly easy to do, you shouldn't have any difficulty. Good luck and fun riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts