SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i almost lost my gopro, i dont trust the sticky mounts. So i made one my self:

Very easy, i teared of the tape off one of those sticky mounts and drilled some holes in it.Then just i got some bolts, nuts, washers and some rubber (to prevent vibration). I just used a punctured tire for my bike and cut a few pieces to line up with the mount itself, then made small rubber squares to fit on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
nice work that wont fail off

After i almost lost my gopro, i dont trust the sticky mounts. So i made one my self:

Very easy, i teared of the tape off one of those sticky mounts and drilled some holes in it.Then just i got some bolts, nuts, washers and some rubber (to prevent vibration). I just used a punctured tire for my bike and cut a few pieces to line up with the mount itself, then made small rubber squares to fit on the other side.

·
Registered
289 Posts
That looks like a really good solution. Have you had the chance to actually use it yet? I want to see some of your footage off there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Would be awesome if you can post up a video that shows how this translates into an actual video. Looks like you did a great job though. Thanks for showing us how its done.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Season starts in about a month, so i will post a video as soon as possible!

Last weekend i got bored and made a platform that i can put on the water and record.

Maybe a bit overkill, but i plan on using it in choppy water to record some jumps. Its also very stable so i can add upp a tower off planks so i can film from above. (Ran out of duct tape so couldnt finish the last stabolizer)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thats quite the bathtub you've got there. You really were bored huh?

I'll be interested to see how that works out when its in open water.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Season starts in about a month, so i will post a video as soon as possible!

Last weekend i got bored and made a platform that i can put on the water and record.

Maybe a bit overkill, but i plan on using it in choppy water to record some jumps. Its also very stable so i can add upp a tower off planks so i can film from above. (Ran out of duct tape so couldnt finish the last stabolizer)

Wow, I was just literally scouring the internet for some kind of GoPro buoy platform. Perhaps you and I can get together and bounce ideas off each other. Maybe try using some PVC pipe? Light weight and won't ever erode on you ;D Would be nice if they made the SoloShot water proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc7AZWaHm4o

·
Registered
233 Posts
That seems like a really cool product. If it works as good as in the video than I give it a thumbs up. Seems like something GoPro would want to buyout.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ended up making a smaller GoPro- platform. Here is some pics from it:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts