SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girlsfriends brother has a gopro and I'm thinking of buying a mount to put it on the spark and get some shots to make a video has anyone done this yet? I know I've seen some videos on YouTube. How reliable is it? I really don't want to end up buying him a new one if it falls off after I roll over or something

·
Registered
115 Posts
My gopro fell of when using one of the sticky mounts... But i took of the small colored piece in front of the handlebar, and made this:

I haven't got the chance to test it yet, but it seems very solid. May test it today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
ive got mine exact same location , but mines a sony action cam and at low rpms it can vibrate which sounds abit shitty on playback, the quality is awesome though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ive got mine exact same location , but mines a sony action cam and at low rpms it can vibrate which sounds abit shitty on playback, the quality is awesome though.

Put some rubber where it touches the plastic. I used 3-4 layers of a punctured bike wheel.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Put some rubber where it touches the plastic. I used 3-4 layers of a punctured bike wheel.

I was about to say...

I'd say rubber about a 1/4 inch thick or around that should do well, too much and it could cause for more flex than needed but of course that depends on the softness of the rubber.

·
Registered
307 Posts
nice - too cool here in Adelaide in winter, hence why I'm waiting till September before I buy. I'm going to want to get out on the water asap!

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Harness for the GoPro is perfect! Tried it today and love the results! It gives you a great view of the bars and seems to not jump around much. Anyone who just wants to grab quick footage on the cheap? Get the Hero which was released with the newest models. Bare bones but the video is excellent!

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you're worried about one falling in, just attach a little flotation device to it. Like what is on our lanyards.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bolted the mount to the beak with #4 bolts and lock nuts so I'm hopeing it's not going to fall in

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used a Panavise Suction Cup mount. It wouldn't stay on the hull but it really held on the emission sticker. I added a foam lanyard to the suction cup mount and I have the go pro floaty back too, just in case it fell off. The floaty back does not have the buoyancy to hold both items afloat.

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
The only thing I would buy a memory card from them. It doesn't seem to like cheap knock off memory cards.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank you!

I was wondering if you had the chance to test the image stabilizer when shooting video (maybe shooting a video with it ON and a video with it OFF)?

I don't know a lot about the GoPros but they don't seem to have image stabilization. The Sony Action Cam AS100 does (but the Sony can't go deep).

I don't know if image stabilization is more for pictures than videos, but I did find this comparison which is remarkable: http://www.epictv.com/content/stabi...o3-black-edition-vs-sony-hdr-as100-action-cam.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts