SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
But the ones that snapped are right at the handle. It defiantly will add support. It's a good idea

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Seems like a lot of broken bars over at green hulk. Dealer called. My new middle piece came in today

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Several have cracked right down the center.

This will add strength across the top and should help stop centre cracks happening by stopping the spread of the bars at the top. In theory

I would first take the white cover off and just have a good look for and defects if so photo and see your dealer before doing anything.

Mine was fine even with big jumps in the surf was OK but with all the talk and mine has only 5 months warranty left so went ahead and did it more for safety.

Best advice don't put full weight onto the bars take some force through your arms less load on the bars and it will be more comfortable ride.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I believe this may be what is causing some of the bars to break. With the spark I see two main types of riders.
1. Old school people who rode XP's, blasters, etc
2. New entry level people.

I am wondering if some people's riding style may differ. When I ride, my legs/feet take the impact and I only really use the bars for stability and never really put pressure on them unless my feet slip.

Are others using the bars to impact their weight?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same here. I put a tremendous amount of pressure on the steering. But I'm okay because I don't have a Spark... yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Several have cracked right down the center.
I believe this may be what is causing some of the bars to break. With the spark I see two main types of riders.

I am wondering if some people's riding style may differ. When I ride, my legs/feet take the impact and I only really use the bars for stability and never really put pressure on them unless my feet slip.

I think you are right on

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im still doing the fix before it happens.
I could see coming down from a wake and putting too much weight down on the bars or even worse someone else when I let them ride.
I just finished my fabrication using the dyi with 3mm stainless flatstock

·
Registered
437 Posts

I think you found the root to the problem. I'd still add the diy brace just in case.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts