SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Not quite clear on what is going on here. Can you add some explanation of what you are doing to fix your handle bars here?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
image.jpg First I ground down the raised up fins then cut a piece of aluminum sheet metal I got from Home Depot for 8 bucks and formed it to fit the contour of the bars. Next I roughed up both surfaces with 40 grit so the epoxy would attach better. Then I laid the epoxy down about 1/8 thick. Last I put the aluminum piece in and put as many clamps on it as I could. Now let it cure for 24 hours and you can run bolts thru if you would like.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Might have to look in to this. Hey Hill what did you use to cut the metal?

This serves as a good brace and support that the handle bars are missing. I'd hate for anything to happen after seeing this. You should make a diy video on this.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you did this before cracking ? I dont see where its cracked in the photo above?
Yeah I did this before it cracked. I didn't want to end up with a split chin like I saw another guy get on here. And I like finding cheap helpful fixes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

This serves as a good brace and support that the handle bars are missing. I'd hate for anything to happen after seeing this. You should make a diy video on this.
I cut the metal with tin snips then used 40 grit to round the edges and small ball pean hammer to form shape.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are you able to put the cap back on?
How do you know that the ridges that you ground down don't serve a structural purpose? The are not visible under the cap so there must be a reason they are there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I'm not big on making videos but I will answer any questions yall have about it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you able to put the cap back on?
How do you know that the ridges that you ground down don't serve a structural purpose? The are not visible under the cap so there must be a reason they are there.
Yes you can put the cap back on. And yes they do serve a purpose but the metal and the epoxy together are much stronger in my opinion.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would anyone be interested in trying one of these out I made 1 extra. All you would have to pay is shipping. I'm thinking of coming up with a complete kit if there is a demand. Tell me what yall think. And what would be a reasonable price? View attachment 1602

Yes would love to try this out. I hope mine wouldn't crack but would be nice to test it out and I kind of like the way it looks more then the simple plastic cover.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Would anyone be interested in trying one of these out I made 1 extra. All you would have to pay is shipping. I'm thinking of coming up with a complete kit if there is a demand. Tell me what yall think. And what would be a reasonable price? View attachment 1602

There is a guy on a different thread that could really use one tho. He cracked his as well. Could be a good idea to come out with a couple sets of these.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes would love to try this out. I hope mine wouldn't crack but would be nice to test it out and I kind of like the way it looks more then the simple plastic cover.
It's made so you can put your cover back on so it looks stock.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts