SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I literally just got home from a ride. Decided to pull off the white cover to check the handle bars. The support that goes side to side of the handle bars has a clean break down the middle. Gunna have to bring it to the dealer. Hopefully it's covered under warranty

·
Registered
227 Posts
You should know this has happened to a few other people. They need to do a recall. Check out the earlier thread on broke handle bars. Make sure the dealer reports it properly because this is a manufacturer defect. What inspired you to check it in the first place?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seeing the other posts about the guys handle bars snapping in half. It was choppy out today and I'm not light 240lbs. So in the 5mph zone back to the launch ramp I took it off. Didn't know it was that easy so I quickly put it back on and proceeded to take the ski out of the water and take it home to wash and flush it so I took it off just to make sure and wala there it was. I've been checking the hull before and after each ride

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are you saying it was not cracked when you checked it in the slow speed zone before you took it out and when you got home it was cracked in half?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't look in the 5mph zone. I just pulled off the white piece then put it right back on. I never had it off before so I was seeing how hard it would be.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's exactly where the others cracked.make a lot of noise at the dealership because
They clearly have an issue with that location.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This stinks. Just got past 5 hours on it

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have you been jumping a lot? I guess the Spark may not be designed for that kind of punishment. I weigh 220 and check it all the time. I've never hit the pad with any great force. Others have complained about the white cover not being padded.I guess they are being more aggressive than I am.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The guy who pursued as a a warranty issue got satisfaction from Sea Doo. They took his handle bars for the engineering people to examine. The bigger question is why it happens at all.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've never hit the pad either. No real waves. Just chop and wakes.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guy who pursued as a a warranty issue got satisfaction from Sea Doo. They took his handle bars for the engineering people to examine. The bigger question is why it happens at all.
I hope they update it or come out with a metal one

·
Registered
227 Posts
You're very lucky you checked it. You may have avoided a serious injury. Make it clear to Sea Doo that a lot of people think that they have a real problem here and it's not just you.5 hours and nothing aggressive ,and your not alone. this is a recall in the making or a serious lawsuit when there's a real injury resulting from it.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're very lucky you checked it. You may have avoided a serious injury. Make it clear to Sea Doo that a lot of people think that they have a real problem here and it's not just you.5 hours and nothing aggressive ,and your not alone. this is a recall in the making or a serious lawsuit when there's a real injury resulting from it.
Bringing it to dealer tomorow. And I'm going to email seadoo directly expressing my concern. And attach those pictures also.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looked at your video and took mine out afterwards. You were. Sitting considerably lower than me at the bow. Not sure why.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Also the people beating up the Sparks are not the ones having handle bars break. It's usually a new rider breaking the engine in with just a few hours on it. Could be these are skis being mishandled somewhere before delivery to customer or a faulty run of the part.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I checked mine and I was jumping waves with two people on it last Saturday and it seems fine. I took the plastic off just now to check, the one thing I did notice was how flimsy the plastic running across the handle bar was. I could actually make it flex just by pulling on it. It seems you would just have to hit it just right to make it crack.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Between these handlebars cracking and hull cracks I'm getting pretty nervous. Hopefully they address this quickly

1 - 20 of 73 Posts