SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2014 3up Spark and noticed that the handlebars have some jiggle or play in them. Handlebar recall has already been done so that is good. It just seems to have maybe 1/8 of an inch jiggle to it and has some play when turning left and right.

·
Registered
7 Posts
mine had a squeak in both until they fixed them from the recall. Mine has never had any play in them tho. pretty solid

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone else getting a slight squeeking noise from them too?
They do squeak a bit, it's really only because of the plastic on plastic, I took a paper towel with a very light non obrasive and non corrosive grease and just slid the paper down between the small gap at the mount point, no more squeaking for about 2 or 3 months and just did it again. As long as you don't use a heavy grease I have no wearing on mine at all. Do at your own risk of course, but plastic on plastic is the reason for the squeaking :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Just remember, 99% of the time with these new things, you aren't the only one for anything, someone out there is experiencing the same thing! ;)
Yup.

Fortunately on forums like this you do tend to find those folks as that's one of the things you find on them, people looking for solutions.

But then again not everyone comes on these.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This weekend while jumping waves I landed pretty hard nose first into another wave and heard something that sounded like plastic cracking. I immediately noticed a lot of play in the handlebars. Maybe an 1/8th" or so. Seems like it may have been a bushing crack or something like that. I have had the recall done too. Anyone else have this happen? Anyone ever take the steering stem out or know how to replace the bushings?

·
Registered
131 Posts
This weekend while jumping waves I landed pretty hard nose first into another wave and heard something that sounded like plastic cracking. I immediately noticed a lot of play in the handlebars. Maybe an 1/8th" or so. Seems like it may have been a bushing crack or something like that. I have had the recall done too. Anyone else have this happen? Anyone ever take the steering stem out or know how to replace the bushings?
Mine has had handlebar issues since about two hours old. The ski has been in and out of the dealer, just got it back after two weeks, and the bars were nice and tight. After a day of riding there back to have a lot of movement, and now my grips slide back and fourth and they cannot be tightened anymore.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That sucks. At some point when I have a chance I'm going to pull the top on mine and figure out what happened. I know I heard something break so I'm assuming I can find the broken pieces inside the hull and hopefully identify them.

·
Registered
516 Posts
They come out pretty easy. There are plastic bushings on the stem that wear, maybe yours broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts