SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
been lurking on the board for a bit now, so figured I would register! Im in the market for a new spark for myself, but probably going to wait until the 2015 model comes out and see if any little issues come up and are resolved! Unless my dealer get a 2 up, orange crush, 900 HO model...then I might just have to buy it :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If you can wait you'll be better off.
Who knows, maybe you'll be able to get a used spark for cheap and can start using what you saved to get you a turbo kit ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hey great to see another user from British Columbia on the forum. Where in BC do you hail from?

I haven't heard of any problems with the Spark so far. A lot of the talk right now is about the turbo kit, but then the price shoots up so much you might be better off just buying a different PWC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm in kamloops. Would be great to find a used spark for next year...new would be so much nicer though :) might just have to find a cheap xp to get me threw summer

·
Registered
289 Posts
Kamloops. That a bit far from Chilliwack where I live. I'm not sure if you will be able to find a used Spark for next summer. I think they are just too new right now. It would be quite a find though.

Do you have any other water toys?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Kamloops. That a bit far from Chilliwack where I live. I'm not sure if you will be able to find a used Spark for next summer. I think they are just too new right now. It would be quite a find though.

it's still possible to find them used. just need to keep an eye on the classifieds, people get rid of things they bought new right away for good reasons.

·
Registered
337 Posts
hey man welcome aboard! I spent alot of time in Kamloops growing up, one of my uncles used to be director of marketing and media at Sun Peaks. loved it there, used to head out once a summer when i was in college :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Another Canuk! Welcome. Just buy a new one now. I suspect demand will be high for them once they start hitting the water when it thaws. Oh yea, and wave hi to an old GF of mine on the shores of the Okangan around Winfield when you go by.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the welcome guys. hope I can scrounge one up this year. dealer quoted me 8300 bucks after tax for the orange, 2up, 900ho without IBR, so its a good chunk of change!
may just have to put up with the old gtx one more year lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

96 gtx, and I have a yellow duck for the bath tub

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
thanks for the welcome guys. hope I can scrounge one up this year. dealer quoted me 8300 bucks after tax for the orange, 2up, 900ho without IBR, so its a good chunk of change!
Do you think you will be getting a turbo kit from VTECH for your spark?

·
Registered
337 Posts
does it have to be the 2UP?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes needs to be 2up and no I won't be installing a turbo. Not to interested in going fast, I just want to have a small agile machine that I can do slow speed tricks and horsing around on :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yes needs to be 2up and no I won't be installing a turbo. Not to interested in going fast, I just want to have a small agile machine that I can do slow speed tricks and horsing around on :)
Even without the extra power it should be loads of fun. Just make sure you get some good air time

·
Registered
430 Posts
for the price its perfectly capable the way it is from the factory

though the cheap vtech tune does seem attractive for the price :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well a spark isn't gonna happen for me this year guys. Just bought myself a 98 gsx limited for cheap. Needs the top end done but for the price it's worth it

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well a spark isn't gonna happen for me this year guys. Just bought myself a 98 gsx limited for cheap. Needs the top end done but for the price it's worth it
which GSX is it?
those things are hard to pass up on so i can't blame you, at least you still have something fun to mess around in

1 - 20 of 24 Posts