SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! First post, working a deal that should put me on a spark in 2 weeks. Put a hold deposit down on an 2up orange crush, 90hp, ibr, and convince pkg. I was really looking for a liqurish or white spark but they just aren't available here or are getting snatched up before I have a chance. But orange is my 3rd choice and if I don't like it, I will plasti dip it.
Now, I'm not a former jet ski owner, so out of the box, what do you all recommend I do to start setting it up before hitting the water, as well as when I do get it on the water?
Thanks in advance for all your help. Glad to see there's already a good enthusiast forum for the Spark!!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Would you ever consider gong with vinyl wrap? I see there's a lot of great colors to choose from, always something new and they can look like real paint, more than plasti dip.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The cost on vinyl wraps is what gets me. $100-$450 no thank you. :eek:
I have no doubts to plasti dip. Should be within reason to the same matt finish texture as the composite hull and should be easy to change colors in a weekend at any time for 20 dollars or less... Red, Blue, white, black, green, yellow, gun metal grey, peals & metalizers ext... hmmm gunmetal sounds pretty good right now. :cool:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It can get pricey, if you have the time you can try to learn the process yourself and just get the materials from a source.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would you ever consider gong with vinyl wrap? I see there's a lot of great colors to choose from, always something new and they can look like real paint, more than plasti dip.
My dealer thought my Plasti Dip was paint... 4 hours on it, 3 washes and still looks pristine. I thought it better than the wraps and it is just doesn't look the same as every other spark out there.

http://www.seadoospark.org/forum/sea-doo-spark-general-discussion/978-messed-plasti-dip.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, My original Deal fell through for an orange 2up(I was trading in my Ducati and the second dealer I was working with made some false statements).
So I went back to my original dealer and made a Deal.
3up, HO, IBR, white(vanilla w/e), Non convenience pkg & move 1 trailer. (I bought the conv pkg after the deal with my 10% off the dealer and installed it myself in about 30min-hour very easy). And Since I work at a synthetic winch rope retailer/manufacture, I spliced up myself a quick dock line from some scrap 7' long x 1/4" AmSteel Blue 12strand (rated 7800-8600lbs). Ill Post how it works out for me if anyone else is interested in some line.
I'm also in the process of getting a 3d printer... I have a few Ideas for some parts Ill be manufacturing for the sparks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a few parts I have ideas for ATM that I won't say exactly because I don't know when/if they'll be made into production. So I'm not making promises right now. I can do dock lines, right now without problem, again I will post working photos of that later. But mainly I'm looking at a few parts I'm not happy with the fit an finish with on the spark. For example, the rubber storage hold down straps. Just an awful design, function, and doesn't even match the lines of the spark. Other parts will be ment for personal useablity on the spark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts