SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

my 2016 spark with only 5 hours on it has a issue. i took it out this weekend with family and friends and this happen. Im not sure if it will cover under warranty or not. my wear ring broke in pieces and my jet pump vanes got a huge chip and impeller is rough on the edges. my question is now... will warranty cover it? Can i install a new wear ring and use my ski for the remaining of the season with the damage jet pump housing? its unfortunate that this happen and it wasnt even caused by me. i take really good care of it and make sure i dont drive it in shallow water. found some rocks in there and i guess thats what caused the issue. I was thinking i can replace the wear ring and use it the remaining of the season till i have enough money to get a new one, which is over 300$. Or maybe warranty will cover this.. please share your input as i need to know what i can do about this issue. Im so upset this happened but im trying to cool off now and find a resolution.

Thank you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are the rough edges on the impeller on the leading edges? Check for damage on the outside diameter of the impeller (The area that would be close to the wear ring). Take some pictures of the pump "vanes" to show us but depending on how badly they were damaged, That may not be an issue.

If the OD of the impeller isn't damaged, I would replace the wear ring and go enjoy the Spark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the rough edges on the impeller on the leading edges? Check for damage on the outside diameter of the impeller (The area that would be close to the wear ring). Take some pictures of the pump "vanes" to show us but depending on how badly they were damaged, That may not be an issue.

If the OD of the impeller isn't damaged, I would replace the wear ring and go enjoy the Spark
It is on the outside of the impeller. It's has a little rough edges. I think I can sand it down or grind it even. As for the pump vanes, only one of the vanes have a chip. It's about a quarter size chip that is missing. Already ordered new wear ring. I really just want to make sure I can still ride it for the rest of the season then I can fix it after the season. Do you know where a new jet pump can be purchase from?

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.