SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to test my Spark today before heading to the boat ramp and got NOTHING.
Pressed the Start button without the lanyard and got nothing no dash board etc. Put lanyard on and still no beep or dashboard..... absolutely dead....

I have checked and tested the battery and terminals.... all good
I have checked and tested all the fuses.....all good
I have pulled apart ALL connectors between fuse box and upper deck.....all good
Putting a screwdriver across the starter solenoid turned the starter over....all good
Opened and tested the starter button..... all good
No visual signs of worn wires

It is a 2015 2up that I only bought in December last year with only 16 hours on it ( from want I can remember because the dash is not working)

The only thing I found that is strange is that there is NO POWER to EITHER side of the 10 amp ACC fuse......

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong????

I have a 3 year warranty but it is a 4 day long weekend and I don't really want to wait to take it to the shop next week.......

It will be an extra loooooong weekend without my Spark :(

·
Registered
516 Posts
Acc should only have power with the ignition on. Since you aren't capable of turning the ignition on you won't have power on either side. As for your issue the only real common issues is battery terminals. Maybe someone else on here can give you some advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
i agree with cormacs on that, check the wire harness on your handle and reclean your terminal. If not try to see if you can jump cables where the starter button is located. Have you tried using another lanyard?? Hope you find the problem let us know if you do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok Guys and Gals
Thought I would post the result.....
As I suspected it was a 30 second fix.....
It was the small black relay inside the fuse box, swapped it out and good to go......

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ok Guys and Gals
Thought I would post the result.....
As I suspected it was a 30 second fix.....
It was the small black relay inside the fuse box, swapped it out and good to go......

So this small relay is for the key? Congrats on this approach:laugh:

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's the main power relay. The computer energizes it to supply power to all the various sensors, solenoids, and accessories.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2, 2015 sparks, the 10 amp relay has died on both twice at the same time (mainly after sitting for a long time.) My advice is to buy spare's. At $9 - $10 each keep them in a dry storage onboard. Apparently this is a bad design. And Sea Doo should fix. Damage could be done during battery charging, Think I will pull out the relays when charging next time to see if that helps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 2, 2015 sparks, the 10 amp relay has died on both twice at the same time (mainly after sitting for a long time.) My advice is to buy spare's. At $9 - $10 each keep them in a dry storage onboard. Apparently this is a bad design. And Sea Doo should fix. Damage could be done during battery charging, Think I will pull out the relays when charging next time to see if that helps.
Guys,
I would like to thank you for posting this message. I also have a Seadoo Spark and the same thing happen to me. It ran great last year with no problems, Drop it in the water this year and it wouldn't start, nothing on the panel, no beeping. Order the starter replay online for $10. The local repair shop wanted $ 50. what a ripe off. Plug that puppy in and bingo. It started up right away.
Again Thank you,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys,
I would like to thank you for posting this message. I also have a Seadoo Spark and the same thing happen to me. It ran great last year with no problems, Drop it in the water this year and it wouldn't start, nothing on the panel, no beeping. Order the starter replay online for $10. The local repair shop wanted $ 50. what a ripe off. Plug that puppy in and bingo. It started up right away.
Again Thank you,
Where is the best place to order the starter relay, I would like to get a couple just for back up,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts