SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed VTS and I have no power at all. No power on display screen, engine will not start or turn over. The engine started right before the install and the battery is fully charged, now after install nothing. Here are some pictures did I install the pins correctly?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't know off hand where the wires are suppose to go without checking mine which is buried on my barn. I wouldn't think wrong placement would stop it from lighting up unless you moved one of the original ones. All I can suggest is check the fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I seen your post in the vts install thread and I went by the pictures you had posted on how to install the pins. Your pins in the pics were on top line by the red release button on the connector. Is that the correct way or were those pictures taken before you installed the pins. Already checked all the fuses they are good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have done this install. You most likely have wires in the wrong location in the plugs. I suggest that you find the original wiring locations and check everything that you touched. You have a wire or two in the wrong place on the plug. Easy to do. Also, did you plug the end into the data plug? The one that the dealer plugs into "The OBD port is located under the coolant bottle and right above and behind the battery."

·
Registered
233 Posts
Did you find out what was causing this issue mate? I’m having the exact same
Problem currently on my 2017 spark after installing the extended VTS. Triple checked everything and still no good

This thread is 2 years old so you won't likely get a response here. I am assuming your VTS worked before you added the module. I've done two of these myself and had no issue. Are you sure that you put the terminals into the correct spots on the plug? it could be easy to stick them in the wrong terminals. Are they fully pressed in and clicked in when put into the connector? Other than that part the rest is just plug in stuff. If that all checks out you may want to uninstall it and see if the VTS still works as it used to. If it does it was either a install error or a bad extended VTS module. If it doesn't work after reverting to stock then something else is going on, possibly popped a fuse or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.