SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed quite a few discussions about towing skiers, tubers, ect. on the forum. However, this glaring problem never seems to come up: even with the 3UP, the capacity is only 450 lbs. Most states require a spotter on the PWC, therefore there must be three people taken into account. Unless you are talking about children and small adults, you are most likely going to exceed the capacity of the Spark.

So my question is, how do you guys deal with this? Is it ok to breifly overload the Spark by 50 lbs or so?

I live in Pennsylvania. The laws for water skiing state that there must be a seat for the skier however, it makes no mention about counting it towards the capacity which is 450lbs. It also allows for picking up the skier on the shore. Since I use my Spark on a small river, I could easily tow a skier without ever having them jump on the watercraft. Is this legal?

·
Registered
60 Posts
In Alabama, I believe the law is you need a 3 up capacity (driver, spotter, and tuber). Also, you have to have mirrors, which my Trixx lacks. So, I'm thinking I can't use the Trixx to tow victims.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old topic, but wanted to address this more. I am under the impression that the 450lbs is more addressing the weight capacity of the Spark and not the towing capacity, but I doubt anyone is trying to tow a bunch of people. Here in Texas, we need either a spotter or mirrors to tow another person.

One related question I have: how long is your tow rope when you do tow?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts