SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I was taking my spark out of the dock last night, and ended up giving too much throttle in shallow water and sucked it something through the pump (I beleive). I got some photos of it this morning... can anyone tell what will need to be replaced?

Many Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would replace in wearing, order on Amazon less then $30 install is something you can do yourself. I don’t really see damage but would definitely start there. I had to replace it on both my jetskis last week one had a huge hole and was cracked and it will make you loose power.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hard to tell from the pics but that doesn't look too bad, only way to be certain is to remove the rear vane, impeller and wear ring. I sucked a stick in and it jammed between the impeller/ wear ring and the only way to get it out was removal. The wear ring was badly gouged and impeller bent/ chipped so it would not make a tight seal (as yours appears to still have from pics).

I decided to upgrade since I had it apart and avoid the softness of the aluminum stock impeller and plastic wear ring. I went with a Solas SS impeller and wear ring, now sticks just get chewed up. To me it was worth the extra $ to do it once, do it right, it's not a job you want to do often.

There are write ups and you tube videos or replacing both. Took me a weekend but I'm meticulous and the first time is always slower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts