SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 Vanilla 2UP HO w/IBR. I took her out for her maiden voyage today, picked it up last Thursday. I hit just over 3 hours today and I got near empty also. It was doing great on fuel consumption until the wind picked up. Im still trying my hardest to be gentle for the break in period. No extended wide open, no max speed runs, trying to follow what the manual said for break in use. I was doing a lot of slowing to idle, then accelerating and varying the RPM. Maybe that is how it blew through the fuel so fast. Dunno and dont care cause I freakin love it and I haven't even been able to use its full potential! This is my first PWC and the only the one I was going to buy was a Spark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe you didn't have a full tank to begin with? I've been out there almost 3 hours and used a half tank or a hair more.
Nope... Stopped by the fuel station before I launched. Filled it up until I could see the fuel in the filler neck (91 pump gas). When I started the gauge said full, and stayed that way for some time. I took off the access panel a few times while stopped and letting her cool down, just to look around for anything weird as a precaution. I didnt smell fuel in there, so I know it's not leaking. Checked the oil when I got home, no fuel smell there either. Oh well, its still a hoot! Maybe fuel consumption will get better as she breaks in, I know when I bought my new truck, I didnt really see good mpg until after a few thousand miles. And some peeps on another (truck) forum said that can happen. I dont monitor fuel consumption on my dirt bike or quad (both bought new) so I cant use those for comparison. I know PWC's aren't known to be the most fuel efficient things (its a toy), and it is a 900 three cylinder, so its not going to do that great. Plus when I was riding it, I wasn't "plaining" on top of the water the whole time, so there is probably massive drag pushing water. Oh well, If it gets better I will let you guys know.

·
Registered
51 Posts
23 hours on my pineapple 2up ho ibr convenience (bought as demo with 10 hours and got $1000 off)
10 hours on my orange crush 3up ho ibr with the front storage bin but not the reboarding step because we had to wait there for 3hrs until the ski was ready (this was after a 5 hr drive) and they felt bad the they gave us the storage bin.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nope... Stopped by the fuel station before I launched. Filled it up until I could see the fuel in the filler neck (91 pump gas). When I started the gauge said full, and stayed that way for some time. I took off the access panel a few times while stopped and letting her cool down, just to look around for anything weird as a precaution. I didnt smell fuel in there, so I know it's not leaking. Checked the oil when I got home, no fuel smell there either. Oh well, its still a hoot! Maybe fuel consumption will get better as she breaks in, I know when I bought my new truck, I didnt really see good mpg until after a few thousand miles. And some peeps on another (truck) forum said that can happen. I dont monitor fuel consumption on my dirt bike or quad (both bought new) so I cant use those for comparison. I know PWC's aren't known to be the most fuel efficient things (its a toy), and it is a 900 three cylinder, so its not going to do that great. Plus when I was riding it, I wasn't "plaining" on top of the water the whole time, so there is probably massive drag pushing water. Oh well, If it gets better I will let you guys know.
The ski is tuned for 87 octane, you will get better fuel consumption on 87 octane. 91 is a waste.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been refueling both of my 3up's at 3 bars and they both take exactly 21 liters to fill. I've been getting 3 hours on 21 liters on 87 octane for the past 2 tanks/refills. The first 2 tanks/ 21 liter refills I ran 91 octane and also got 3 hours and the second two 21 liter refills I ran 87 octane.
No mileage difference between 87 and 91 octane. I'm now at 12 hours 10 minutes on both sparks.
So, this equates to approximately 9 minutes per liter.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts