SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 5/31/14 I am now a proud owner of a seadoo spark 3up loaded, yellow, or I guess they call it “ pineapple “ . I did not need it loaded but it was the very last one they had and all the other dealers in Miami are sold out until November when next year's model comes out. After test driving the 2up and 3 up at a Seadoo test drive event I knew right away I wanted the 3up. The 2up felt unstable, like I would tip over and very hard to maneuver. The 3up felt just right. Holy sticker shock at the final price with all the (for the most part unexpected charges added on) Including: Sales tax on the wave runner itself, 2% tax on my total for using a credit card, Assembly Fee, Handling Fee, Shipping Fee, Inspection Fee, Registration Fee, Registration Filing Surcharge. It basically added on about $1,000 more than expected. I walked out the door paying about $9,500 when I was expecting to walk out of their paying about $7,500. I was not too happy they charged charged $500 assembly when they said it was fully uploaded because it came assembled but they said something about having to further assemble it. Eck. I also had to pay $130 for the flush kit with install. I planned on doing it myself but they said the install is easy to do yourself if there is no IBR but if there is you have to take a lot apart. Doh! They said after 10 hrs of breaking it in there is a mandatory servicing to keep the warranty valid. $200 there and $150 to pick up and then drop it back off at the marina. (I don't have a car or trailer) I said just put it all together and I'll pay for it now so ya like $9.5k I should have taken a xanax before I went. I couldn't talk him down because there were 4 people waiting for me to not say " I'll take it " last night my dealer said 5 want it including you and who ever gets here first tomorrow gets it. I was first in line and as soon as I said I'll take it the others left. So he wasn't sh**ting me about that. He said he was sorry he couldn't come down on the price at all due to the high demand. So I grit my teeth and handed him my credit card who was giving me the finger on it's way over. Delivery Tuesday to my marina spot which took forever to get. On a positively note. . They already spray fluid film in for you and at the 10 hr servicing they open the whole thing up and fluid film it all so that's good and I ordered fluid film for nothing . Oh well. I’m excited, I have 2 life jackets, my emergency paddle, registration sticker numbers bought, fluid film, salt away and cover for it all purchased or ordered and I’m excited. Luckily after the first mandatory servicing it mainly just needs an oil change after every 50 hours which I can do myself. So that’s my purchasing story. I’m posting it for potential spark buyers in other threads so if you see it more than once, sorry about that.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow so these prices around the country are varying quite a bit. Suby2.4i you got the " holy **** I paid more than expected prob partly due to living in an expensive city " deal too huh?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zero luck. my guy said he couldn't come down on the price on anything due to the demand and lack of enough 2014's manufactured. there were 4 people in line to get the Spark I got waiting for me to not sign the paperwork and say hmmm ill think about it. lol no luck for them :p seaking, not only can you not talk the price down, you are looking at about $1,000 to $2,000 more in dealer fees where they as slipping in this and that just to JACK the price. The way I see it is you are paying more than you want now if you can get a 2014 or you are paying more than you want when the price goes up in Nov when the 2015 models come out. They better make enough models so ALL the states and dealers can get them and they are not all sold out to people who have warm weather year round before the summer even starts. ive talked to people all over who's dealerships couldnt get more than like 2 for the year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
zero luck. my guy said he couldn't come down on the price on anything due to the demand and lack of enough 2014's manufactured. there were 4 people in line to get the Spark I got waiting for me to not sign the paperwork and say hmmm ill think about it. lol no luck for them :p seaking, not only can you not talk the price down, you are looking at about $1,000 to $2,000 more in dealer fees where they as slipping in this and that just to JACK the price. The way I see it is you are paying more than you want now if you can get a 2014 or you are paying more than you want when the price goes up in Nov when the 2015 models come out. They better make enough models so ALL the states and dealers can get them and they are not all sold out to people who have warm weather year round before the summer even starts. ive talked to people all over who's dealerships couldnt get more than like 2 for the year.
I called literally 50 dealerships last month. Miami is retarded and the biggest rip off. Your best bet is Greater Motorports in Tequesta or Route 1 Motorports in Melbourne.

I paid $15500 out the door for two 3UP IBR w/ Convenience Packages.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
We paid 17,100 for two 3up with IBR, boarding step, mats in foot wells, convience package and trailer out the door.

We feel like we got a fair deal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Payed 7250 for mine 2up vanilla 60hp, convenience package(reverse, front storage, and rear step), flush kit, com fab trailer, spark cover, and sea-doo life vest..

$12 to put the tag on the trailer and $25 to register
In middle ga

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got a 3up HO with conv. pkg, cover, fire ext., bilge pump, flush kit, 4 year BEST, tax, reg. freight & set-up for just under 8k. My son got a 2up HO with the same stuff but with a 2 place Karvan trailer for $8800 and some change.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mentioned before

Base pinapple (yellow :) Spark: Got mine $99 off MSRP - $4900, with a new Karavan single black trailer (w/ front wheel crank/jack) below MSRP -$800. Had to pay dealer $495 freight/prep (vice list of $795) and $100 doc fees (vice list of $300) but, ..

...got dock fees reimbursed w/ $100 gift card and got total of 20% off over my added $1K~ of mostly Sea Doo options/accessories. (Spare trailer wheel/tire included was just below dealer cost). Dealer installed all accessories no charge. Got customer loyalty card which gives 10% off and 10% back on future purchases too.

+ state tax, license, title fees of course (TTL)..

Dealer has been fair and pleasant to work with!:cool:

Insured it w/ Progrressive via USAA, $300K liability, comp/collision with $1K deductible, and replacement value to $9K for $191 a year. The machine did add $14~ annually to my personal Umbrella policy.

Since I had been outa the sport a few years, needed everything new for myself and GF (Dealership purchased accessories, Wal-Mart, Big 5 and Sportsmans Wearhouse) wetsuits, watershoes, vests, hitch receiver/ball, locks, tie downs, hose pinchers, etc., et all, after the insurance, etc., yada, yada it's $9K~ later :) !

·
Registered
167 Posts
Paid a ton

Hi we bought a yellow 3 up loaded with Ibr and trailer for $11500 plus 13 percent tax. We are from Canada and it was the last one they had.. I know .. We got screwed but we had to have it... I never wanted a bigger one.. Might as well have a boat if you do that.

Very happy with our new toy.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the " last one " screwing also Rthonb. I know i could have gotten a bigger / better machine for what I paid but like you said " never wanted a bigger one " I wanted something light weight. i like knowing it COULD be towed with a car with no prob, also easier to move around in general like I can just tip it up to get water out

Originally Posted by Off-road View Post
We paid 17,100 for two 3up with IBR, boarding step, mats in foot wells, convience package and trailer out the door.

We feel like we got a fair deal.I got the " last one " screwing also Rthonb. I know i could have gotten a bigger / better machine for what I paid but like you said " never wanted a bigger one " I wanted something light weight. i like knowing it COULD be towed with a car with no prob, also easier to move around in general like I can just tip it up to get water out

Originally Posted by Off-road View Post

We feel like we got a fair deal.
Yes, you got an amazing deal. I paid about $9,000 out the door for one of what you got with out the trailer!

·
Registered
15 Posts
got my orange crush 60hp in May for 5,400 in Wisconsin. The place I bought from only charged freight of 395 on top of the 4995 base price.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
psy good deal. if i had a vehicle bigger than a 49cc scooter I may have traveled for a better deal

·
Registered
36 Posts
my 3up orange crush was $8194 OTD. would not budge on any of the fees. had a really good salesman. was going to buy 2 2ups with trailer. got there and one had scratches on it either from shipping or bad unpacking, Dealer said take them or leave them... was not a good experiance. so drove about 90 minutes to get the 3up from another dealer. very happy with it. I got the conv package with the step, and a factory cover. they did atleast throw in the fire ext.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts